It’s a week before spring break and you still don’t have plans.

You check your bank account and…well…let’s just say you have just enough of that leftover Christmas money from your grand­mother to do some­thing a little fun and get far away from Hillsdale to flex on Instagram. We see you. Con­sider some of these stops for a great break!

Chicago, IL

Head to Chicago about a three hour drive from Hillsdale. (Pixabay)

Grab a couple friends and hit the Windy City. Airbnb’s can easily be less than $50 a night and many day activ­ities are free — vis­iting Mil­lenium Park, walking the Mag­nif­icent Mile, and even going to a very cold Lake Michigan are all options. Looking to cel­e­brate St. Patrick’s Day? Chicago is just the right place. With the Chicago River turned green, you’re bound to have a great time.

Cincinnati, OH

The John A. Roe­bling Sus­pension Bridge spans the Ohio River between Cincinnati, OH and Cov­ington, KY. (Wiki­media Commons)

Just four hours away, Cincinnati is home to an award-winning zoo, as well as

many cul­tural land­marks such as art museums and concert halls — not to mention the rising food scene. A few high­lights: Maplewood Kitchen and Bar offers a deli­cious, West-coast brunch vibe right in the midwest, Cincinnati Museum of Art, and don’t leave without stopping by the John A. Roe­bling Sus­pension Bridge.

Iceland

Catch the Northern Lights in Iceland. (Wiki­media Commons)

If you’re looking for a real adventure, check out WOW air for amazing flight deals from Detroit to Reyk­javik — around $99. Once you get there, Airbnb’s got your back, so rent a car and drive down the highways chasing glaciers and water­falls. One of best things you might see will be the Northern Lights, or the wild ponies, you decide.

St. Louis, MO

St. Louis has more to offer than just the arch. (Wiki­media Commons)

Okay, yes the arch, but also yes to an Anheuser-Busch Brewery Tour, a visit to the St. Louis Science Center, and mean­dering around the St. Louis Art Museum. Also make sure you also stop for frozen custard Ted Drewes — their combos are truly St. Louis iconic and you must try.

Wash­ington, DC.

Go to DC. You won’t regret it. (Pixabay)

Your friends are on WHIP, so why not go visit them and crash at the Hillsdale House? Free museums. Warmer weather. Great restau­rants. Since it is mid-March, there might be some early cherry blossoms in bloom, perfect for the ‘gram.