Rising seniors have the chance this week to vote on nom­inees for 2019 – 2020 senior class officer posi­tions. Pexels

Today, rising seniors will have the oppor­tunity to cast their vote for the 2019 – 2020 Senior Class Officers beginning at 11 a.m. in the Grewcock Student Union.  

Elec­tions will be held today, tomorrow, and Monday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the union.  Stu­dents will only be able to vote once per position.

Stu­dents unable to vote at those times may contact Senior Class Officer Adviser John Quint to vote online before 5 p.m. on Monday, March 25.

Nom­inees on the ballot are encouraged to cam­paign however they deem proper to garner support for the election.

“Senior Class Officers have the unique position of impacting seniors’ final year at Hillsdale that most people don’t imme­di­ately think about,” Quint said.  

Some of the senior class officers’ duties include taking input from their peers, working to provide a thoughtful senior class gift, hosting ample senior socials, and choosing the com­mencement speaker for their year.

“Being on the board has been such a great expe­rience because it really is a team effort,” said this year’s Fundraising Co-Chair Andie Chandler. “We band together to bring as much fun to the seniors as pos­sible but also to give a gift back to the campus as a thank-you for all it has given us.”

The nom­inees for pres­ident are Adam Buchmann, Charles Adams, Lauren Tunney, and Weston Boardman. The nom­inees for vice pres­ident are Jack McPherson, Joel Meng, Lukas Swenson, and Mollie Dill. Nom­inees for sec­retary are Ben Diet­derich, Laura Nieder­brach, and Reagan Cool. Can­di­dates for the position of trea­surer are Lizzie Leathers, Mairead Cooper, Sarah Becker, and Sheridan Michaud.  The nom­inees for social chairman are Caterina Moran, Hadiah Ritchey, Kaitlynn Schenk, Kiara Freeman. The nom­inees for the fundraising position are Ella Williams, Lillian Schmitz, and Lucy Meckler.