Ohio EPA to hold public infor­mation session to discuss pro­posed siting of a drinking water well. Twitter| Ohio EPA

The Ohio Envi­ron­mental Pro­tection Agency will hold a public infor­mation session to discuss the pro­posed siting of a drinking water well by Artesian of Pioneer near the village of Fayette, Ohio. The infor­mation session will be at 6 p.m. on March 12 at the Fayette Local School, 400 E. Gamble Rd, Fayette, Ohio.

The pro­posed water well would tap into the Michindoh aquifer, which pro­vides drinking water for nine counties across Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio, including Hillsdale County.

Ohio EPA staff will attend the meeting to answer ques­tions about Artesian of Pioneer and the process of public water systems and estab­lishing a new public water system, according to a news statement. The meeting is open to the public and all are welcome to attend.

“Anytime there’s a pro­posed well that would serve a larger water system, Ohio EPA eval­uates the location,” Dina Pierce, media coor­di­nator for the Ohio EPA, said. “We memo­ri­alize that we met and whether the site meets the cri­teria in a letter.”

Those inter­ested in sub­mitting ques­tions for the meeting can email Heather Lauer at heather.lauer@epa.ohio.gov.

Written com­ments con­cerning the potential Artesian of Pioneer well can be sent to Ohio EPA, Division of Drinking and Ground Waters, Attn. Craig Smith, P.O. Box 1049, Columbus, Ohio 43216 – 1049. The deadline is March 15.