Dylan Lot­tinville is a senior from Bellevue, Wash­ington. He is a utility player on the baseball team. (Hillsdale College Ath­letics | Courtesy)

Dylan Lot­tinville is a senior from Bellevue, Wash­ington. He is a utility player on the baseball team.

Q: Do you have any rou­tines or super­sti­tious habits when you come up to bat.

DL: I have changed it up over the last few seasons. Last year, I used to take a few steps out of the box and wait for the walk song. Then, right before I get in the batter’s box box, I take a look at the white G on my Rawlings.

Q: What are sim­i­lar­ities and dif­fer­ences between last year’s team and this year’s ballclub?

DL: We are bringing back largely the same lineup. We are bringing back a lot of the guys from last year including Toppi, Munson, and Hoover. We have a really similar group. We Andrew Veb our ace back. We’re all a lot better better than last season. We know we’re good, but we ulti­mately have to go out there and deliver.

Q: What has been like adjusting to a dif­ferent position this season as you are now moving to third base?

DL: It’s hon­estly nothing new for me. Sophomore year, I’d play right field in the first half of dou­ble­headers and then first base in the second half. It makes things feel like less of a grind. It helps break things up and keep things fresh, even if I do have to pack three gloves for road trips.

Q: What has been an area of improvement that you focused on this off­season?

DL: Finding good pitches. I’ve been spending a lot of time just working on getting pitchers to throw to me where I want in the zone.

Q: As you enter your final season as a Charger, what has your expe­rience been playing for the Chargers and what are your expec­ta­tions for this season?

DL: This is the most pre­pared we’ve been to go into a season. We are all really excited. Speaking for me per­sonally, this is the hardest I’ve ever worked before a baseball season. We’ve been working for ten months, we’re ready to hit the diamond.