Charger Chatter: Dylan Lottinville

Home Charger Baseball Charger Chatter: Dylan Lottinville
Charger Chatter: Dylan Lottinville
Dylan Lottinville is a senior from Bellevue, Washington. He is a utility player on the baseball team. (Hillsdale College Athletics | Courtesy)

Dylan Lottinville is a senior from Bellevue, Washington. He is a utility player on the baseball team.

Q: Do you have any routines or superstitious habits when you come up to bat.

DL: I have changed it up over the last few seasons. Last year, I used to take a few steps out of the box and wait for the walk song. Then, right before I get in the batter’s box box, I take a look at the white G on my Rawlings.

Q: What are similarities and differences between last year’s team and this year’s ballclub?

DL: We are bringing back largely the same lineup. We are bringing back a lot of the guys from last year including Toppi, Munson, and Hoover. We have a really similar group. We Andrew Veb our ace back. We’re all a lot better better than last season. We know we’re good, but we ultimately have to go out there and deliver.

Q: What has been like adjusting to a different position this season as you are now moving to third base?

DL: It’s honestly nothing new for me. Sophomore year, I’d play right field in the first half of doubleheaders and then first base in the second half. It makes things feel like less of a grind. It helps break things up and keep things fresh, even if I do have to pack three gloves for road trips.

Q: What has been an area of improvement that you focused on this offseason?

DL: Finding good pitches. I’ve been spending a lot of time just working on getting pitchers to throw to me where I want in the zone.

Q: As you enter your final season as a Charger, what has your experience been playing for the Chargers and what are your expectations for this season?

DL: This is the most prepared we’ve been to go into a season. We are all really excited. Speaking for me personally, this is the hardest I’ve ever worked before a baseball season. We’ve been working for ten months, we’re ready to hit the diamond.