Hillsdale stu­dents, in part­nership with the Red Cross, hope to get at least 105 blood donors for this semester’s blood drive. Pexels

Vol­un­teers hope to reach their goal of 105 donors at the blood drive this upcoming Monday, Feb. 18 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the Grewcock Student Union. The Com­munity Health GOAL program, with the help of the Nei­defelt Res­i­dence, will partner with the Red Cross to host the blood drive.

Junior Adrianne Fogg has vol­un­teered for the last three blood drives, and she is cur­rently in charge of the social media cam­paign.

This year, she hopes to draw enough attention to the blood drive in order to attain the needed par­tic­i­pation, which they’ve struggled to reach in the past.

“Last semester was the first time we’ve gone over our goal; gen­erally we go under pretty sig­nif­i­cantly,” Fogg said.

Fogg encouraged all those who are inter­ested to con­sider donating or even vol­un­teering.

“The drive is open to everyone — main­te­nance and pro­fessors and stu­dents,” Fogg said.

Senior Alexander Green said those daunted at the prospect of donating blood for the first time shouldn’t worry.

“Donating blood is easy,” Green said. “You sign up for a slot or show up as a walk-in, they test your blood type and if you are eli­gible, and then take your blood. The free snacks after­wards are def­i­nitely worth the expe­rience.”