From left to right, Ste­fanie Walker, Mary Vita, and Taylor Boyle prepare for the 200 yard freestyle on Sunday. (Christian Yiu | Col­legian)

The Hillsdale College Chargers are set to compete in the G-MAC Cham­pi­onships in Canton, Ohio, from Wednesday, Feb. 13 through Sat­urday.

Head coach Kurt Kirner said he’s con­fident in the team’s outlook, saying they’re at their best and ready to compete. One of the team’s mantras is “We are war­riors, not wor­riers.”

“We’ve com­pleted our physical con­di­tioning and race skills strategy prepa­ration,” Kirner said. “We spent the entire season building a mental training plan to match the com­pet­itive peak nec­essary for us to be at the best of our abil­ities.”

Junior Catherine Voisin said everyone has worked hard and she’s impressed with the team’s tenacity.

“We’ve had a lot of issues with injuries,” Voisin said. “But despite the set­backs, I know the team will do well.”

Leading up to G-MACs, Voisin said the team tapered off its prac­tices to let muscles recover. Prac­tices have been very detail-ori­ented and require a lot of focus on per­fecting the small things, Voisin said.

Freshman Anna Clark said she’s to swim in her first con­ference cham­pi­onship. She said she’s never felt so pre­pared for a meet in her swimming career.

“In club and high school swimming, I didn’t get many chances to swim but­terfly in practice and I didn’t know how to strategize my races,” Clark said. “With my training this year, I feel pre­pared to swim fast and I think the team is well-pre­pared as well.”

As a senior and team captain, Anika Ellingson carries expe­rience going into the G-MAC meet.

“I’ve done this for the past three years, so I know what to expect and how to prepare,” Ellingson said.

Ellingson said the team’s mock races have pre­pared it to con­stantly be in race mode.

“Hope­fully we’ll be able to score some more points and make Findlay sweat,” sophomore Katherine Heeres said.