Hillsdale will host games on Friday and Sat­urday. (Mary Kate Drews | Hillsdale Ath­letics)

During Parent’s Weekend at Hillsdale College, the Chargers will have two home matches on Friday and Sunday, respec­tively. They seek to remain unde­feated after a hot 3 – 0 start to the season in Feb­ruary.

The Chargers will play the Uni­versity of Illinois-Spring­field Prairie Stars on Friday, and the Purdue Uni­versity Northwest Pride on Sunday. It will be their first two-match weekend of the season, and the rest of the season will feature two-match weekends until the G‑MAC Cham­pi­onship.

“We really need to start working on our endurance in match play to make sure we have success with the hard matches ahead,” head coach Nikki Wal­bright said. “This weekend will be a good chal­lenge and an excellent start to the second half of our season.”

The Chargers have worked hard to improve at doubles this week in practice, according to Wal­bright. The team has been weakest in doubles to this point in the season, dropping two of three games last weekend against Lewis Uni­versity, and one of three against Ferris Uni­versity the week prior with a close 7 – 5 match.

After acing her opponent 6 – 0, 6 – 0 and joining sophomore Kamryn Matthews to win their doubles match 6 – 2 last week at Lewis, senior Madeline Bissett won the G‑MAC Player of the Week award. She is the second Hillsdale player to receive the award this season after sophomore Hannah Cim­peanu received the honor two weeks ago.

“It’s been great for the girls to be rec­og­nized for their efforts,” Wal­bright said.

But Matthews and Cim­peanu aren’t the only players who’ve enjoyed big wins this season. Freshman Sarah Hackman is unde­feated in singles play on the no. 2 court, and her matches have often been tough fights. On the no. 3 court, junior Katie Bell also is unde­feated with a couple long matches behind her.

“The whole team is really playing well so I hope everybody is able to con­tribute this weekend,” Wal­bright said. “It will be solid com­pe­tition so it will be fun to see who rises up for a great weekend.”