Hillsdale will host games on Friday and Sat­urday. (Mary Kate Drews | Hillsdale Ath­letics)

During Parent’s Weekend at Hillsdale College, the Chargers will have two home matches on Friday and Sunday, respec­tively. They seek to remain unde­feated after a hot 3 – 0 start to the season in Feb­ruary.

The Chargers will play the Uni­versity of Illinois-Spring­field Prairie Stars on Friday, and the Purdue Uni­versity Northwest Pride on Sunday. It will be their first two-match weekend of the season, and the rest of the season will feature two-match weekends until the G-MAC Cham­pi­onship.

“We really need to start working on our endurance in match play to make sure we have success with the hard matches ahead,” head coach Nikki Wal­bright said. “This weekend will be a good chal­lenge and an excellent start to the second half of our season.”

The Chargers have worked hard to improve at doubles this week in practice, according to Wal­bright. The team has been weakest in doubles to this point in the season, dropping two of three games last weekend against Lewis Uni­versity, and one of three against Ferris Uni­versity the week prior with a close 7 – 5 match.

After acing her opponent 6 – 0, 6 – 0 and joining sophomore Kamryn Matthews to win their doubles match 6 – 2 last week at Lewis, senior Madeline Bissett won the G-MAC Player of the Week award. She is the second Hillsdale player to receive the award this season after sophomore Hannah Cim­peanu received the honor two weeks ago.

“It’s been great for the girls to be rec­og­nized for their efforts,” Wal­bright said.

But Matthews and Cim­peanu aren’t the only players who’ve enjoyed big wins this season. Freshman Sarah Hackman is unde­feated in singles play on the no. 2 court, and her matches have often been tough fights. On the no. 3 court, junior Katie Bell also is unde­feated with a couple long matches behind her.

“The whole team is really playing well so I hope everybody is able to con­tribute this weekend,” Wal­bright said. “It will be solid com­pe­tition so it will be fun to see who rises up for a great weekend.”