Four Chargers traveled to compete in a swimming invi­ta­tional at Calvin College last weekend. (Katherine Heeres, Facebook)

Four members of the Hillsdale College swim team traveled to Calvin College last weekend for an invi­ta­tional meet between eight schools. Sophomore Katherine Heeres, senior Anika Ellingson, sophomore Emma Rao, and junior Catherine Voisin were standout swimmers during the fall season and con­tinued that trend at the meet.

Heeres broke her own Hillsdale record in the 100 back­stroke with a time of 57.63. The pre­vious record was 58.05. She placed seventh in the race on Sat­urday.

“It was really exciting to re-break that record I set almost exactly a year ago and to see how some of the little things I’ve been working on start to pay off.” Heeres said.

Heeres also set another season-best in the 200 back­stroke with a time of 2:05.80, taking fifth place. She had a fifth-place finish in the 200 freestyle as well, with a time of 1:55.61.

Ellingson earned a first-place finish in the 100 breast­stroke, coming in at 1:02.66. She also fin­ished fifth in the 200 breas­troke with a time of 2:21.00.

Voisin added another first-place finish in the 200 but­terfly, at 2:06.81. She placed ninth in the 100 but­terfly at 57.62, a season-best time, and 20th in the 200 indi­vidual medley at 2:17.04, another season-best.

Rao fin­ished 12th in the 50 freestyle with a time of 24.62, yet another season-best. She also fin­ished 16th in the 100 freestyle, coming in at 54.51.

All four swimmers com­peted in the 400 medley team relay, and fin­ished fifth with a time of 3:55.49.

“The team is really pleased with where we’re at coming out of mid-seasons,” Heeres said. “I think we’re all excited to see how we can con­tinue to improve leading up to G-MACs in Feb­ruary.”