Christmas dec­o­ra­tions (Wiki­media Commons)

You’ve broken out your duck boots, started to feel the cracks form on your cold, chapped hands and may or may not have already slipped on some of the ice walking up the hill, but since it’s all before Dec. 25, it’s all in the spirit of Christmas. In order to keep the momentum going, here are a few Christmas events around Hillsdale.

Christmas at the Arboretum, Nov. 17 and Dec. 1 at 12 p.m.

Feeling the need to take family photos with your friends from the Dale? My View Pho­tog­raphy by Jill Brown will be hosting 20 minute mini-ses­sions at the Hillsdale College Arboretum. For $30, you will receive eight photos and one printable holiday card placed on a CD with a print release.

Annual Christmas Open House, Dec. 1 and 2 from 2 to 5 p.m., Dec. 8 and 9 from 2 to 5 p.m.

Feel a little antsy? Want to share in a bit of old-timey yuletide? Held at the his­toric Grosvenor House Museum in Jonesville, the annual Christmas open house will have Christmas enter­tainment and refresh­ments as well as Christmas orna­ments for sale. Admission is $5 per adult and $10 per family at the door.

Fifth Annual Christmas Market, Dec. 1 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Perfect for the Hillsdale student looking to get a taste of the local com­munity, the market will showcase a variety of vendors, local crafters and artisans. Located at the HUB Women’s Min­istry on Howell Street, the market will happen a few hours before the city of Hillsdale light parade.

City of Hillsdale Light Parade, Dec. 1 from 6:15 to 7:15 p.m.

Who doesn’t love a light parade? Whether it’s date night or a night out with friends, the light parade will be sure to put everyone in the Christmas mood.

By Heaven’s Light Christmas Concert, Dec. 9 from 4 to 5:15 p.m.

Looking for a bit of choral music? Feeling the com­mer­cialism of Christmas weighing you down? By Heaven’s Light Christmas Concert, held at College Bap­tists, will surely send you back to a simpler time — admission is free and open to all. The Hillsdale First United Methodist Church Chancel Choir will be singing the cantata “By Heaven’s Light,” accom­panied by the Hillsdale First UMC Handbell Choir.  The event will also have Scripture readings, reflec­tions and the singing of Christmas carols with the audience.