John A. Halter Shooting Sports Center
Sep­tember 27, 2018

The John A. Halter Shooting Sports Center will hold a Vet­erans Day Open House Sat­urday, Nov. 10. The event will run from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and is open to the public.

“It’s the first time we’ve done some­thing like this,” project manager for mar­keting accounts Joshua Lieb­hauser said. “We’re just trying to find new ways to reach out to the local com­munity. We want to strengthen the bond between Hillsdale College and the town.”

Vet­erans will be able to shoot a free round of trap, skeet, or 5 stand. Vet­erans who wish to pur­chase a standard mem­bership will receive $30 off of the full price.

“It’s to honor our vet­erans,” Spieth said. “Shooting sports is part of our her­itage. For service men and women, it’s part of their everyday life.”

The open house will also include tours of the facil­ities and light refresh­ments.

“There’s a lot out their and a lot of newer stuff that people aren’t aware of,” Lieb­hauser said. “The Halter Center has some really impressive facil­ities. As far as I know, we have the only Olympic shotgun bunker in the state. The shooting clays course has 20 sta­tions and is really cool.”

Lieb­hauser said he would encourage all members of the com­munity to check out the event.

“I would encourage stu­dents to take the intro to shooting sports class or the shotgun class,” Lieb­hauser said. “I’d encourage faculty, staff, and the com­munity to check out and get a mem­bership.”

Spieth said he hopes the open house will draw attention all the Halter Center has to offer.

“We’re sup­porting the Hillsdale College mission and pro­viding shooting sports edu­cation for anyone and everyone,” Spieth said. “It’s a world class facility. It’s a jewel for Hillsdale College and Hillsdale County.”