The first Alpha Rho Tau art show of the semester will feature stu­dents’ art. | Courtesy Alpha Rho Tau

The Alpha Rho Tau art hon­orary will be hosting an art show on Friday evening, Nov. 9 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Junior Ashley Peuler, pres­ident of Alpha Rho Tau, calls this event her favorite of the semester.

“You finally get to see the hard work the stu­dents have been putting in,” she said. “There are times you’re cranking out a piece at two in the morning. It’s nice for others to finally see it.”

The show will be held at 4 W. Mont­gomery St. in Hillsdale. Snacks and bev­erages will be pro­vided and the work on display will be available for pur­chase.

The Alpha Rho Tau art show began two years ago with the goal of sharing stu­dents’ artwork with the campus and com­munity, and as a way to reward artists for their hard work.

There are 22 stu­dents in the hon­orary, and about half of them are expected to submit pieces. Peuler says there will be quite a few paintings, some pho­tographs, drawings, mixed media, and even an embroidery piece. Profits from the sales will go directly to the artists.

“I have two pho­tographs in the show,” Peuler said. “Maybe a drawing, if I can get it fin­ished in time.”

Senior Madeline Barry, who has been a part of the art hon­orary since her freshman year, will be sub­mitting two pho­tographs for the show as well.

“I really like these shows because they usually take place off campus,” Barry said. “There are mediums you don’t usually see. The work is what stu­dents do out of classes, so it’s more their indi­vidual style and more fun projects.”

Sophomore Marcus Lotti says he is going to the show as a way to relax after a hectic week.

“I have no pieces in the show, but I am what I would call a good con­versant with art,” he said. “Good art is meant to strike a con­ver­sation, and Hillsdale is a place where good art is made.”

The show is opened to anyone who wants to attend. Peuler said that typ­i­cally stu­dents and faculty come, but if some donors are in town, they some­times come as well.

“It’s a great com­munity-building expe­rience,” Peuler said.