Hillsdale College Ath­letics | Courtesy

The Hillsdale College Chargers recorded three statement vic­tories in a quad meet at Notre Dame College in South Euclid, Ohio, on Friday. They beat Notre Dame with a score of 129 – 56, Olivet College 129 – 38, and Ursuline College 132 – 39.

Hillsdale dom­i­nated the relays, taking first in both the 200 medley and the 400 freestyle. The A-team took first in the 200 medley with a time of 1 minute 55.05 seconds. The B-team took second with a time of 1:56.02. In the 400 freestyle, the Chargers A-team took first with a time of 3:47.12.

“We were all ener­gized by some great races,” said sophomore Katherine Heeres, who swam but­terfly for the “B” team in the 200 medley relay. “That energy fed into more fast swimming. It was a pos­itive feedback cycle in the very best sense.”

Hillsdale also landed first-place fin­ishes in every indi­vidual race.

Sophomore Mary Vita and Freshman Ste­fanie Walker took first and second in the 200 freestyle. Vita won with a time of 2:04.42 while Walker fin­ished three seconds behind, in 2:07.45.

Senior Grace Houghton added a first place finish in the 1000 freestyle, coming in at 11:18.62. Freshman Anna Clark took third in the race with a time of 11:30.10.

Vita took first in the 200 freestyle with a time of 2:04.42 while Walker took second at 2:07.45. Junior Vic­toria Addis added another first place finish in the 25 freestyle with a time of 26.47.

The Chargers swept the 200 indi­vidual medley. Senior Anika Ellingson took first with a time of 2:19.03. Freshman Anais Nuet placed second at 2:24.18, while senior Suzanne DeTar took third coming in at 2:28.11.

Senior Grace Houghton added another first place in the 100 but­terfly with a time of 1:01.87. Junior Bailey Bick­er­staff took first in the 100 back­stroke with a time of 1:03.00, while sophomore Katherine Heeres added yet another first place finish in the 500 freestyle at 5:27.89.

The Chargers will host the Uni­versity of Findlay and Lewis Uni­versity in a tri-meet on Sat­urday at 1:00 p.m. Head Coach Kurt Kirner plans to rest the team this week in prepa­ration for an invi­ta­tional meet against the Uni­versity of Chicago on Nov. 16.

“We are starting a mid-season rest phase leading up to that [Uni­versity of Chicago] meet, and that should create some pos­itive results,” Kirner said. “We’re setting goals around quality mental tech­niques, better nutrition, and good sleep pat­terns while laying down con­structive race plans.”