Chargers Swim to face Notre Dame College and Ursuline College in tri-meet

Home Charger Swimming Chargers Swim to face Notre Dame College and Ursuline College in tri-meet
Hillsdale College Swim Team. Hillsdale College Athletics | Courtesy

The Hillsdale Chargers will face off against Notre Dame College and Ursuline College in South Euclid, Ohio, on Friday.

Hillsdale, coming off of three tough tough losses to Calvin College, Grand Valley State University, and Albion College, hopes to bounce back after a week of rest.

“In terms of training, we are still in one of the most intense parts of the season,” sophomore Katherine Heeres said. “I think we are all looking forward to a bit of a shorter weekend as well as some rest.”

Assistant coach Zoe Hopkins-Tracey said she hopes the Chargers will improve their performances from past meets. She also said she understands there will still be competition, yet hopes to score better than in previous meets.

“The meet should go very well for us,” Hopkins-Tracey said. “These are smaller teams, so it gives our team the chance to score more points and really set the pace for the meet.”

The Chargers are looking at the upcoming meets as more of a practice in preparation for a bigger invitational later this month.

We are training for the University of Chicago Invite starting Nov. 16,” Hopkins-Tracey said. “Until then, we are still training at some of our highest levels.”

Turner said despite the Chargers’ slow start in dual meets, he expects the team’s performance to improve.

“We certainly think we are off to a quality start,” head coach Kurt Kirner said. “Even though our dual meet record has suffered, we should know much more within a couple weeks when they are rested and have established good qualifying times for the championships.”