Flyer for Cos­tumize Your Prof event. Calli Townsend | Col­legian

The Hillsdale College vol­leyball team will be taking on its biggest rival, The Uni­versity of Findlay on Monday, Oct. 30 at 7 p.m. This highly-antic­i­pated game will feature more than just fierce com­pe­tition on the court. The Student Athlete Advisory Com­mitte will be hosting the “Costume-ize Your Prof” event.

Assistant Pro­fessor of Biology Silas Johnson says he is looking forward to dressing up in costume.

“I’m excited to entertain and be a goof and to make people laugh, scared or cry, depending on the costume,” he said. “I don’t know if there is an ideal costume, I’m open to whatever. I’m sort of a char­acter-adapter to any Hal­loween costume.”

Johnson is one of 16 pro­fessors who have agreed to par­tic­ipate. Stu­dents can vote for which costume they want to see their pro­fessors wear to the vol­leyball game Oct. 30 as well as in class on Oct. 31.

Raffle tickets can be pur­chased in the Union beginning the week of Oct. 22 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Each ticket gives you one vote. The cost is $1 for two tickets or $5 for an arm’s length. All of the pro­ceeds from this event will go towards The Make-A-Wish Foun­dation.

Senior Allie Dewire, pres­ident of SAAC, said the group had been planning both fundraising and ways to encourage stu­dents to attend home sporting events.

“I was talking to Gwen­dolyn Buchhop [‘11] in the ath­letic department and she said the Hal­loween game was the game to go to back in the day,” Dewire said. “It was so much fun to dress up and go to the game.”

This year SAAC is looking to recreate the excitement for the Hal­loween game. Stu­dents can come dressed in costume to cheer on the Chargers as they take on the Oilers.