Allyssa Van Wienen serves on Friday against Ken­tucky Wes­leyan. S. Nathaniel Grime | Col­legian

The Hillsdale College Chargers are still perfect. Beating two G-MAC teams this past weekend extended the Chargers’ con­ference winning streak to 11.

Hillsdale began with Ken­tucky Wes­leyan Uni­versity on Friday. Though the team handled the Pan­thers in three sets, head coach Chris Gravel said he felt his team could have played better.

“Ken­tucky Wes­leyan didn’t have their best match and neither did we,” Gravel said. “We were able to get the victory. We did have a lot of people con­tribute to the win.”

Sophomore defensive spe­cialist Madie Schider agreed with her coach.

“The game overall was not our best play,” Schider said. “A lot of the time we were not as focused as we should have been and made many mis­takes that could’ve been con­trolled.”

The Chargers focused on tough serving to keep Ken­tucky Wes­leyan out of system.

“We focused on shutting down their stronger hitters,” sophomore outside hitter Maddie Clark said. “To do that we kept them out of system by serving aggressive. One of our team goals against Ken­tucky Wes­leyan was to get two aces per set and we did.”

After defeating the Pan­thers, Hillsdale played Trevecca Nazarene Uni­versity on Sat­urday.

“We played well, served tough, passed well, hit well, defense was solid,” Gravel said. “They made some big plays. But, at this stage in the season, we were too much for them.”

The Chargers focused on the same strategy against TNU as they imple­mented against KWU.

“One of our team goals was to serve aggres­sively and keep Trevecca out of system,” Clark said. “Serving aggressive is def­i­nitely one of our main focuses going into all of our games.”

The Chargers dom­i­nated the Trojans in the first two sets, defeating them 25 – 13 and 25 – 8. Trevecca bounced back in the third set, however, but Hillsdale squeaked out a 26 – 24 win to sweep the match.

“It was a fun game to play,” Shider said. “Espe­cially in the second set we all gelled nicely and got the task at hand done. Trevecca frus­trated us by getting close in the third set, but we were able to pull through. We all had trust in each other that we would get the game done.”

Hillsdale will now travel to Indi­anapolis, Indiana for the Midwest Region Crossover on Friday and Sat­urday. Gravel said it’s one of the biggest weekends of the season.

“We play the region’s best. Right now, the best team in the region is Drury and we play them first on Friday,” Gravel said. “We play, later on in the day, Lewis who was first in the region last year.”

The matches at the Crossover have the potential to heavily affect the Charger’s post­season standings.

“They could really set us apart or really put us behind the eight ball,” Gravel said “But, it doesn’t affect con­ference standings. So in that sense, we just play hard, have fun, and let every­thing else take care of itself.”