Senior Faith Witkowski at the AJ’s counter. (Annette Nguyen/Collegian)

Much like Star­bucks and their secret menu, Hillsdale employees have their own tricks to make the most of on-campus dining and coffee options. Each month, Study Break will profile an employee from an on-campus coffee shop, so you can make the most of your morning, or evening, joe. First up is senior Faith Witkowksi.

Q: How many years have you been working at AJ’s?

A: This would be my fourth year working here since my first semester of freshman year.

Q: What are the best times to go to AJs?

A: I would say from 5:30 – 7:30 are the best times because it is pretty dead. These times are probably the slowest, but anytime after meals is pretty hectic.

Q: When do new ice cream flavors come in?

A: It depends on the pop­u­larity of the old flavors. As soon as one tub is empty, a new one will come. If you keep your eye on a tub that is low, where you can see the soft top, fresh ice cream will be there.

Q: What tips do you have for people in search of a new item to try?

A: There is one spe­cific button that we have on the reg­ister that people don’t really know about. It’s two eggs and toast. What I like to do is do two eggs and toast, but have avocado toast, which you can add on for 50 cents. I then put egg on top of it.

Q: Is there a secret com­bi­nation you like to create for yourself?

A: I really like honey cin­namon lattes, so honey and raw cin­namon, which is called a miel. It means honey in both French and Spanish.

Q: What is the most common secret menu item?

A: I think it is a trend on the bas­ketball team espe­cially, where they order cream cheese on their breakfast sand­wiches, either on the side or on it. They have regular cheese included but they want cream cheese on it. I have tried it before, and it is amazing.

Q: What food item would you rec­ommend people to try?

A: The turkey club on naan, instead of regular bread. Maybe switch up which type of bread you get.

Q: What drink would you rec­ommend for people to try that is not on the AJs menu?

A: Laura Williamson, a former student, used to be into the rasp­berry white chocolate mocha and that was really popular. Adding fruit fla­vored syrups to white chocolate cannot go wrong.