Students get sneak peek at College Park townhouses

Home Uncategorized Students get sneak peek at College Park townhouses
Students had a chance to see inside the new College Park townhouses on N. West Street at the College Park Barbecue event held March 29. Madeleine Jepsen | Collegian.

Students had a chance to see inside the new College Park townhouses on N. West Street at the College Park Barbecue event held March 29.

The event featured brief tours of the units available for rent as well as barbecue and other foods catered by Saucy Dog’s Barbeque. Door prizes were also available, including an Echo Dot, bluetooth headphones, $100 cash, and a copy of Ayn Rand’s “Atlas Shrugged.”

Trevor Duke ’08, property manager for Thomas A. Duke Properties, led the tours through the building site. Duke said construction is on schedule and the apartment units will be available for students to rent starting in the fall semester.

Duke said the units will be fully furnished and each bedroom will have its own bathroom and shower, and each unit has its own laundry.

“The units will have a modern look to them,” Duke said. “We’re eager to fill the place up, and it’s coming along great.”

Duke said four of the units are still available for purchase from donors to rent out as student housing. Emma Kendro ‘16, who assisted giving the tours, said she thought the price was worth it, considering the quality of the units, the close location, and the included utilities, internet, and furnishing.

“I think they’re a lot nicer than other options on campus,” Kendro said. “They do come with a lot of amenities. When I lived off campus, it was a cool house but a little run-down, and I tried to piece together hand-me-down furniture. I think living here would be a total upgrade.”

Overall, attendees said the units looked nice.

“I think I need a raise and I’d like to move in tomorrow,” Olds Residence house director Linda Gravel joked. “I like the layouts and all the room. It’s going to be really nice.”