The Student Activ­ities Board will present a special “Hillsdale Edition” of The Amazing Race. Wiki­media Commons.

This weekend, the Student Activ­ities Board will present a special “Hillsdale Edition” of The Amazing Race, leading stu­dents and their teams through a variety of loca­tions and clues across campus and downtown Hillsdale.

The Amazing Race teams will meet at the Roche Sports Complex on April 7, from 1 to 3 p.m. The Amazing Race is most com­monly known for its popular tele­vision series, where indi­viduals travel the world to com­plete chal­lenges.

For the “Amazing Race: Hillsdale Edition,” 10 teams, com­prised of five stu­dents each, will explore 10 unique loca­tions asso­ciated with their own chal­lenge and clues leading them to their next spot.

“The scav­enger hunt will be around the com­munity, both off and on campus, as we partner with local busi­nesses,” Director of Student Activ­ities Ashlyn Landherr said. “Locals wanted to get involved so we found ways to incor­porate them into the Amazing Race.”

A special prize will be offered to the winning team, but both the end location and prize remain secret, according to Landherr.

As sign-ups are already full, SAB says fellow stu­dents are welcome to join and watch their friends as they com­plete chal­lenges.

“We have chosen places that per­fectly encap­sulate our town and the busi­nesses that make it unique,” SAB member and sophomore Mollie Dill said. “We hope that this will inspire stu­dents to go out and expe­rience their town and all of the won­derful things it has to offer.”

Previous articleCampus adapts to new dishwasher
Next articleRoche charges $5 for parking
Isabella S. Redjai
Isabella S. Redjai is a sophomore and George Washington Fellow from Irvine, CA, majoring in Politics with a minor in Journalism. This is her second year writing for The Collegian, and she currently serves as the Opinions Assistant Editor. She enjoys drinking Blue Bottle Coffee, reading the Wall Street Journal, and watching Audrey Hepburn movies.