Central Hall. | Col­legian

The winner of Out­standing Senior Man and Woman will be announced next week, according to Director of Employee Rela­tions John Quint. Nom­i­na­tions were announced in early Feb­ruary.

“It’s a public acknowl­edgement of the person who’s a great rep­re­sen­tation of the senior class,” Quint said.

The male nom­i­na­tions are Aaron Andrews, Razi Lane, Dustin Pletan, and Jackson Ven­trella, and the female nom­i­na­tions include Peyton Bowen, Madison Frame, Breana Noble, and Maria Theisen.

“When I found out I was nom­i­nated for Out­standing Senior Woman, I was both honored and sur­prised,” Bowen said in an email.  “I remember looking up to the women who have been nom­i­nated in pre­vious years as role models, so in that sense it’s quite an honor that my class­mates think I’ve filled a similar role.”

Although there are eight nom­i­na­tions, only one man and one woman are chosen. These two seniors are then invited to speak to the grad­u­ating class at the com­mencement dinner and during Parents Weekend.

“Every single one of these are guys I admire greatly,” Senior Class Pres­ident Lane said. “It is just an honor to be con­sidered with them.”

The senior class nom­i­nates its can­di­dates, but the final choice is made by faculty. Having this dual process ensures the nominee is known by both faculty and stu­dents.

“It’s more organic than faculty and staff telling everybody who’s out­standing,” Quint said.

The final choice will be announced by a campus-wide email on March 5, according to Quint.