Chi Omega held a pancake breakfast to raise money for the Make-A-Wish foun­dation. Caylee McComb | Courtesy

The Chi Omega house saw hungry guests and a lot of batter last Sat­urday as it raised $2,600 for its annual pancake fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish Foun­dation.

“The event went really well,” said junior Eliz­abeth Laux, Chi Omega Phil­an­thropy Chair. “Atten­dancewise, I was shooting for about 300 people. It was hard to keep track of all the people, but I def­i­nitely feel like we hit that. The house was packed from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.”

Sophomore Caylee McComb was pleased with the great turn out, as well as the variety of pan­cakes.

“The pan­cakes were awesome. We had chocolate chip, plain, and straw­berry banana,” McComb said.

The ladies of Chi Omega had a goal of raising $2000.

“Mon­e­tarily, we sur­passed our goal,” Laux said. “We raised about $2,600.”

The funds were raised by selling $5 tickets for the event, along with various online dona­tions.

“All of the funds raised in each state stay within that state. So their funds went towards Make-A-Wish Michigan,” Make-A-Wish vol­unteer Diana Cook said. “Eighty percent of the funds are directly used towards granting wishes.”

Cook was one of two Wish vol­un­teers who attended the pancake fundraiser.

“I thought the Chi Omega women did a fab­ulous job,” Cook said. “They rep­re­sented Make-A-Wish very well.”

Mccomb said having these two vol­un­teers made the event more mean­ingful.

“We got to see some of the faces of those kids who would benefit from our efforts,” Mccomb said. “It’s a great event because everyone in the house is directly involved in raising money, so we know that we each play a part in changing the life of someone with a ter­minal or life-threat­ening illness.”