Kelsey Gockman is a senior from Downers Grove, Illinois. She is on the softball team and is studying biology. (Photo: Charger Ath­letics / Courtesy)

What is your favorite thing about softball?

The team aspect. There’s pretty much nothing like it. It’s an auto­matic friend group. You come in, and there are all these dif­ferent people you get to hang out with all the time with dif­ferent per­son­al­ities.

What is the worst thing about softball?

Hon­estly, this is a dumb thing to say, but I hate putting on cleats. They’re tight and they’re uncom­fortable and that’s probably the thing that I dread the most.

How long have you been playing?

A long time. I think I started when I was in 5th grade.

Do you have any pre-game rituals?

I’m all about staying loose and not stressing too much. I like to keep things light, so I tell jokes to get everybody laughing.

Do you play any other sports?

I used to play vol­leyball back in the day, but con­sid­ering I didn’t grow past 5’4”, it didn’t seem like a very viable option.

Do you have a favorite movie about sports?

One of my favorites is “A League of Their Own.” It’s a classic girl baseball movie. It’s really good. I rec­ommend it.

Why did you choose Hillsdale?

Really, it was the people. My dad told me, “I heard about this school on the radio, it has great values, and I think it would appeal to you.”

I said, “It sounds fake, but we’ll see.”

I was so sur­prised. I visited with my grandma, and people were asking her to come sit with them. It was the nicest envi­ronment I’d ever seen at a college. I thought that was really special.

What is the best class that you have taken?

Par­a­sitology — studying par­a­sites. It was dis­gusting and cool and I loved it.

What do you usually order at AJ’s?

If I go, I’m getting the que­sadilla or the chicken tenders. I’m not a coffee person.

If Dr. Arnn asked you, “What is the good?” what would you say?

I’d probably just run away and say, “Not today, Dr. Arnn!”

What do you do in your limited free time?

Watch Netflix. I’ve been a big fan of The Great British Baking Show lately. I work out a lot, too.

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Pizza. Any and all kinds. I don’t dis­crim­inate.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

I’m looking into bio­medical research, maybe clinical research. I like immunology.