(Photo: Charger Ath­letics / Courtesy)

What is your favorite thing about playing bas­ketball?

I like the com­pe­tition and I like my team­mates a lot. They def­i­nitely make Hillsdale bas­ketball really special.

Do you have any pre-game rituals?

I nor­mally just listen to music and then, as a team, we like do a dance before we go out and play so we calm down our nerves.

Does your family come out to games?

Oh yeah. They come to all my home games, because I live 15 minutes from here. And then they try to come to a lot of my away games on weekends, too.

Do you get nervous with them in the stands?

I like my family coming. It’s really nice. They’ve been coming to my games all my life.

Did you ever compete in other sports?

I played vol­leyball and ran track in high school. I really liked vol­leyball a lot. It was kind of my chill sport. I didn’t like track, but I was good at it. I stopped after two years.

What is the most enjoyable part of a bas­ketball game?

When people make like, not like good shots, but they make like a hustle play. Like someone takes a charge right when you really need it, or they get a steal, or they make an extra shot that’s really sweet.

What is your favorite thing about Hillsdale College?

My favorite thing per­sonally is the bas­ketball team. That’s def­i­nitely why I came here. Other than bas­ketball, I like that the pro­fessors are actually excited about what they’re teaching, which I think is cool.

Who is your favorite pro­fessor?

Mardi Billman. She’s my chem­istry pro­fessor.

Do you know your major yet?

I don’t know for sure. I’m leaning towards a science though.

What is your favorite place on campus?

The Her­itage Room!

Do you have thoughts on Dr. Arnn?

I’ve talked to him a few times. He seems pretty cool. He sat at our table once and checked up on us to see if we’re doing well, so I like that.

What does it mean to you to be a com­petitor?

It means you want to do your best no matter what chal­lenge is in front of you. You want to make sure you do your best no matter what.

What’s your favorite food in the world?

Fried pickles.

What’s your favorite place at Hillsdale to eat?

Saucy Dogs.

What is your favorite place to go to in Hillsdale County?

I like to go to Baw Beese. I swim, walk my dog. My friends went out on the ice the other day; I’ve never done that, but it might be fun.

What’s your favorite flower?

Lilacs. We have a couple of bushes growing around my house and they’re pretty. I like the smell. And they’re purple.

What’s the first thing you’d do if you won the lottery?

I’d put a new roof on my house at home. A metal roof, because we have a tar roof right now, cause the house is really old. I’d probably put it away and pay for my school and my brother’s school and just use it when I need it. Not like go crazy.

Ms. Burger is quite a com­petitor on the bas­ketball court-and only a freshman! She gives me con­fi­dence that the winning ways of our ladies bas­ketball program are going to con­tinue in the future.