Small Town Sweet Bou­tique is selling candy bou­quets for Valentine’s Day. Nolan Ryan | Col­legian

Love is in the air in downtown Hillsdale. Or it will be soon. Several local busi­nesses have special events and sales leading up to Valentine’s Day this year.

Jilly Beans Coffee House is hosting a Valentine’s Tea with the Liberty Princess Company and King’s Kup­board on Sunday, Jan. 11, from 3 – 5 p.m. Children can enjoy a time with their favorite princesses. Liberty Princess Company is asking for non-per­ishable food or mon­etary dona­tions to be received by King’s Kup­board.

Gianna Marchese, ‘17, director of the Liberty Princess Company, said she had dreams of holding a tea party for local girls. But she wanted to add an aspect of com­munity service to the event. The mission of the orga­ni­zation is to serve children of the com­munity “who wouldn’t nor­mally expe­rience meeting their favorite char­acters in real life.”

“Having a tea party is really nice, but the Liberty Princess Company is more than dressing up,” she said. “I thought about par­tic­i­pating with the animal shelter or King’s Kup­board. It might be easier for someone to bring a food donation, so we went with King’s Kup­board. It’s such a worth­while effort.”

Small Town Sweet Bou­tique is offering unique gifts for sweet-tooth lovers. They have pre-made and cus­tomizable candy bou­quets. There is a wide variety of sizes for dif­ferent kinds of candy. Cus­tomers can call ahead or come into the shop to cus­tomize their choice of candy within a 24-hour notice. The Bou­tique will be offering their candy bouquet spe­cials now through Valentine’s Day.

Finish Line Family Restaurant will feature a steak dinner for two special on Valentine’s Day. Cus­tomers can pur­chase two 8-oz ribeye steaks, potatoes, salad, and dessert for $26.50. Smith’s Flowers is selling rustic drawers filled with various flowers, including roses. They have dif­ferent sales every day, including Valentine’s Day.