Courtesy Hillsdale Eco­nomic Devel­opment

The City of Hillsdale changed the way it manages eco­nomic devel­opment, according to a Jan. 18 press release.

The release stated the City has not renewed its con­tract with the Hillsdale Policy Group, run by Mary Wolfram and Pro­fessor of eco­nomics Gary Wolfram. Mary Wolfram will remain with the city, working on a limited con­tract with the Tax Increment Finance Authority to assist in the com­pletion of the Dawn Theater and Keefer House projects in downtown Hillsdale.

Pre­vi­ously, Gary Wolfram had informed the Hillsdale’s Eco­nomic Devel­opment Cor­po­ration that he would be resigning at the beginning of Jan.

The man­agement of the city’s eco­nomic devel­opment has now fallen to City Manager David Mackie, Director of Grants and Eco­nomic Devel­opment Kelly LoPresto, and Zoning Admin­is­trator Alan Beeker.

According to LoPresto, the change is not seismic.

“Our roles have just expanded some,” she told the Col­legian.

LoPresto added that the new arrangement will aim to benefit the city as best it can.

“We just want everyone we know that we will work as a team and with other partners in the com­munity with eco­nomic devel­opment,” she said.

According to Beeker, LoPresto will work with Mackie on the majority of Hillsdale-centric eco­nomic devel­opment projects. He will con­tinue to handle eco­nomic projects in the downtown TIFA dis­trict.

Mackie could not be reached for comment.