Courtesy Hillsdale Eco­nomic Devel­opment

The City of Hillsdale changed the way it manages eco­nomic devel­opment, according to a Jan. 18 press release.

The release stated the City has not renewed its con­tract with the Hillsdale Policy Group, run by Mary Wolfram and Pro­fessor of eco­nomics Gary Wolfram. Mary Wolfram will remain with the city, working on a limited con­tract with the Tax Increment Finance Authority to assist in the com­pletion of the Dawn Theater and Keefer House projects in downtown Hillsdale.

Pre­vi­ously, Gary Wolfram had informed the Hillsdale’s Eco­nomic Devel­opment Cor­po­ration that he would be resigning at the beginning of Jan.

The man­agement of the city’s eco­nomic devel­opment has now fallen to City Manager David Mackie, Director of Grants and Eco­nomic Devel­opment Kelly LoPresto, and Zoning Admin­is­trator Alan Beeker.

According to LoPresto, the change is not seismic.

“Our roles have just expanded some,” she told the Col­legian.

LoPresto added that the new arrangement will aim to benefit the city as best it can.

“We just want everyone we know that we will work as a team and with other partners in the com­munity with eco­nomic devel­opment,” she said.

According to Beeker, LoPresto will work with Mackie on the majority of Hillsdale-centric eco­nomic devel­opment projects. He will con­tinue to handle eco­nomic projects in the downtown TIFA dis­trict.

Mackie could not be reached for comment.

Previous articleWRFH wins first awards
Next articleFrom posting to professional
Nic Rowan
Nic Rowan is a senior from Washington, DC. He serves as City News Editor. In addition to the Collegian, his work has appeared in The Washington Free Beacon, National Review Online, The Federalist, Acculturated, and Arc Digital. Daft Punk is playing at his house. email: nrowan@hillsdale.edu | twitter: @NicXTempore