Looking to do Spring Break on a college student budget? Break begins on March 2 this year, so now is the time to start planning.

Here are five des­ti­na­tions that will get you away from campus, but won’t have you breaking into that late-night pizza budget.

Northwestern Michigan Road Trip

Leland (Facebook)

The North­western shores of Lake Michigan are nothing short of spec­tacular. They can also be toured on the cheap, with plenty of activ­ities that barely cost a dime. Visit Lud­ington, famous for its ice cream shop World of Flavors, and Leland, known for the old school charm of its Fishtown. Don’t miss Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, which offers camping and picnic areas as well as a slew of outdoor activ­ities. For those with a slightly higher budget, Tra­verse City offers a great restaurant and bar scene as well as a variety of museums.

Louisville, Kentucky

Churchill Downs Race­track (Wikipedia)

Drive from Hillsdale: 4.5 hours
Louisville sits on the Ohio River about 100 miles southwest of Cincinnati, Ohio. As Kentucky’s largest city, it offers some­thing for everyone. Into baseball? Hit the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory to learn how the leg­endary baseball bats are made. Churchill Downs Race­track and the Ken­tucky Derby Museum give you an inside look into the Ken­tucky Derby. For those 21 and older, the Ken­tucky Bourbon Trail offers tours of world-famous dis­til­leries.

Dekalb County, Indiana

The Auburn Cord Due­senberg Auto­mobile Museum (Wiki­media Commons)

Drive from Hillsdale: 1 hour and 15 minutes
If you are a lover of cars, history, and for­gotten eras, Dekalb County is your spot. With three unique museums, this region of Indiana embraces its auto­motive history. The Auburn Cord Due­senberg Auto­mobile Museum is home to over 120 classic cars. The museum is housed in the old art-deco world head­quarters of the Auburn-Cord-Due­senberg Company. In the same museum complex is the National Auto­motive and Truck Museum. In a nut­shell, if you like cars, you’ll like Dekalb County.

Grand Rapids, Michigan

Frederik Meijer Gardens (Wiki­media Commons)

Drive from Hillsdale: 2 hours
The second Michigan des­ti­nation on the list is a mid-size city a short drive northwest of Hillsdale. In addition to a flour­ishing bar and restaurant scene, the coffee culture in Grand Rapids is quite impressive. Some of the local coffee joints offer roastery tours and coffee tastings. Make sure to visit the Frederik Meijer Gardens which will open their But­ter­flies in Bloom exhibit in March.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Pitts­burgh (Wiki­media)

Drive from Hillsdale: 4.5 hours
For a chic city getaway less than a five hours away, check out Pitts­burgh. It boasts all of the things one expects from a met­ro­politan area. From the Andy Warhol Museum to the Pitts­burgh Zoo, the city offers some­thing for everyone. Don’t miss the Phipps Con­ser­vatory and Botanical Gardens, which offers both beau­tiful gardens and a steel and glass Vic­torian green­house. Though many activ­ities in Pitts­burgh can be a bit pricey, the short drive and cheap lodging options make this a viable, affordable trip.