Cer­emony details. Hillsdale County Vet­erans Hall of fame | Courtesy

The Hillsdale County Vet­erans Hall of Fame will be holding its annual award and induction cer­emony at 7 p.m., Nov. 9 in the Phillips Audi­torium.

Ten sol­diers, a veteran for each war from the War of 1812 to the Iraq War, will be inducted, as well as one mil­itary unit, according to a press release from Roger Yoder, the founder of Hillsdale County Vet­erans Hall of Fame Inc.

“It’s a part of local history that needs to be told, and a lot of people rec­og­nized, attended, or worked for Hillsdale College,” Yoder said.

Seven annual awards will also be pre­sented by Hillsdale College graduate and retired Air Force Col. John Williams and com­mem­o­rative coins marking the 100th anniversary of World War I will be sold at the event. Pro­ceeds will go to help vet­erans.

Asso­ciate Dean of Men Jeffery Rogers, who served 26 years in the Navy, said he and two other vet­erans will be folding the American flag at the cer­emony to honor all those who have served in the mil­itary.

“What about the guys who never got a thank-you?” Rogers said. “We do this to remember those.”

How were these Hillsdale inductees chosen? Seems odd that in the past few years a number of reservists were honored while Hillsdale college alumni with real combat expe­rience are not con­tacted.