Alpha Rho Tau Honorary’s art show last year. Rachael Reynolds | Courtesy

Tomorrow night one apartment in Hillsdale will overflow with fine art, con­ver­sation, and clinking glasses as the Alpha Rho Tau art hon­orary holds its second ever art show.

ART Pres­ident senior Rachael Reynolds will host the event, called “Glo­rious to Gaze Upon,” in her apartment at 969 North Howell St. from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., with appe­tizers and refresh­ments for attendees.

“I think it is going to be a good time,” Reynolds said. “It will be great to enjoy each other’s company and appre­ciate the art the stu­dents of Hillsdale make while having a drink.”

The exhibit will include con­tri­bu­tions from most of the honorary’s 29 members, and, unlike the art dis­played around the Sage Center for the Arts, all pieces for the show must be outside of class cre­ations.

Patrick Lucas, vice pres­ident of Alpha Rho Tau, said he is excited that the pieces in the show will be more per­sonal cre­ations.

“In class you are all doing the same thing, but in this show you can do some­thing totally dif­ferent,” Lucas said. “It allows us to apply what we learned in class to show what they have taken away from their art classes here.”

At 8:30 p.m., Assistant Pro­fessor of Art Julio Suarez will select first, second, and third place winners.

“When it comes to judging the show,  I will be looking for work that is suc­cessful in merging tech­nical pro­fi­ciency with a per­sonal and honest point of view,” Suarez said.

In addition to this event, Alpha Rho Tau plans to host another art show in the spring in an effort to increase Hillsdale’s par­tic­i­pation in the arts, even among those without expe­rience in art. They have also opened up the hon­orary to anyone who has taken at least two art classes at Hillsdale.

“I would say art is an expression that everyone needs in their life, whether they are cre­ating or appre­ci­ating,” Reynolds said. “Art, for me, is an an outlet to put my thoughts into some­thing tan­gible, and we want to encourage people…to par­tic­ipate and be a part of the art com­munity on campus.”