French fries, Ferris wheels, and freak shows — the Most Popular Fair On Earth never disappoints, but last week, tents upon tents of animals took the fair from, well, fair to fantastic. Here are eight of the cutest creatures who just left Hillsdale Saturday.

1. Fluffiest fluff ball

Katie J. Read | Collegian

This little guy’s fleece isn’t quite as white as snow, but what he lacks in cotton ball qualities he makes up for in snuggly pink softness. The newborn lamb cuddled with his brothers and sisters in the birthing tent and nuzzled many hands, too, as fairgoers passed through 100 square feet of pure cuteness.

2. Most talkative

Katie J. Read | Collegian

Old Bessie had good reason to moo — she went into labor just after I snapped this photo. A heifer’s gestation period lasts about as long as a human pregnancy, although calves weigh nine times more than the average infant.

3. Most flexible

Katie J. Read | Collegian

A flea itched her rump, a sight made her jump, but this precious beauty was not about to get up. She hunkered in a bed of hay, and she sank her snout into a trough of fresh water. Would you get up? I didn’t think so.

4. Cutest couple

Katie J. Read | Collegian

Despite their looks, these two were not the black sheep of the fair. Kids and adults alike lined up to pet their furry heads, only made cuter by their identical nature.

5. Softest little buddy

Katie J. Read | Collegian

Do you remember “The Velveteen Rabbit,” that children’s book about the little boy who owns a stuffed rabbit, but then he gets sick and all of his toys have to be burnt to get rid of the germs? At the end, the stuffed rabbit is saved by a fairy who makes him real. Just look at how soft and velvety this guy looks! Basically the velveteen rabbit come to life.

6. Best ‘do

Katie J. Read | Collegian

This stylin’ sheep wore the popular cropped cut with confidence and cool. He added to his gently tousled look by accessorizing with the unique placement of his inner ear piercing. Definitely the coolest guy in the barn.

7. Most fabulous eyeliner

Katie J. Read | Collegian

Most women leave their days of heavy, caked-on eyeliner in middle school, along with memories of first crushes and awkwardly-fitting gym uniforms. This girl, however, lined her eyes as if she had tickets to see Iron Maiden. A bold move, but she pulled off her half-inch of charcoal liner with the help of her pristine fur.

8. Biggest double chin

Katie J. Read | Collegian

Rabbit food commonly consists of celery, lettuce, and carrots — three foods that are guaranteed to help you avoid a massive, wobbling double chin. By the looks of this bunny, he spent his days crunching on something a little more substantial.

Previous articleHomecoming Court 2017
Next articleColor Run this Saturday
Katie J. Read
Junior Katie J. Read is the assistant editor for the Culture page of The Hillsdale Collegian. When she's not working in the newsroom or reporting on a story, she's reading either French literature or backlogged feature stories on the Pulitzer prize website. After graduation, she hopes to write feature stories for a large daily paper and invest in a KitchenAid mixer and a puppy.