Brad Blackham and Stacey Jones-Gar­rison practice.
Allison Schuster | Col­legian

As campus says hello to autumn, faculty duo ReadyGO will rem­i­nisce on summer with a per­for­mance fea­turing “Makrokosmos III: Music for a Summer Evening” by avant-garde com­poser George Crumb.

ReadyGO — com­prised of teachers of music Stacey Jones-Gar­rison on per­cussion and Brad Blackham on piano — will be per­forming at 8 p.m. on Sat­urday in McNamara Rehearsal Hall.

After per­forming together, the duo will be joined by Katherine Rick, adjunct instructor of music and staff accom­panist at the college, and per­cus­sionist Mark Dou­glass, the director of bands at Spring Arbor Uni­versity.

The quartet will play George Crumb’s complex piece, lasting some 45 minutes and con­sisting of five move­ments.

“I think this piece is rep­re­sen­tative of a legit­imate part of music history from 20th century that not many people have been exposed to,” Rick said. “It will stretch people’s horizons and allow them to expe­rience clas­sical music in a dif­ferent way.”

Blackham said the unique com­bi­nation of instru­ments will interest even non-music stu­dents.

“It’s a piece that doesn’t get per­formed much. Not only is it two pianos and a lot of dif­ferent per­cussion instru­ments, but also, every­thing is amplified because there is a sound system involved,” Blackham said. “It’s not some­thing you get to hear everyday.”