(Pixabay)

For the busy student, mobile appli­ca­tions that organize every aspect of college can be life­savers. Here are 7 free apps that can help relieve stress and keep stu­dents sane by tracking campus events, budgets, sleep schedules, notes, and homework.

Ellucian GO

Ellucian GO is a very helpful app for man­aging life at Hillsdale. It con­nects stu­dents to campus events and keeps track of per­sonal class schedules, grades, and the Bon Appetit menu. Ellucian GO also has campus emer­gency numbers, library hours, and a schedule of the student event cal­endar. It con­nects stu­dents to clubs, intra­murals, vol­unteer oppor­tu­nities, Black­board, and Mossey library. This app is the best campus con­nector.

Goodbudget

It’s important to spend your scarce money well while in college. Good­budget is an app that helps you organize and track your spending and finances. It is an extremely useful tool for broke college stu­dents. Good­budget allows you to set up monthly envelopes to dictate how much money to spend on gro­ceries, gas, enter­tainment, and more. It is one of the best apps for college stu­dents who want to map out their finances and spend their money wisely.

SimpleMind+

Homework and papers seem to be con­stant require­ments, and it’s important to know what to com­mu­nicate and how to organize your thoughts. Sim­pleMind+ is an idea orga­nizer and a must-have app for stu­dents. It allows stu­dents to sort their thoughts and remember and write down ideas they have, espe­cially for papers and speeches. Stu­dents can start with a main idea and then map out branching thoughts from that original concept.

myHomework

At Hillsdale, every new day is a new due date for a paper or assignment. myHomework is a useful app for stu­dents who want to manage their planners and assignment lists elec­tron­i­cally. myHomework allows you to set due dates and reminders for assign­ments. Once you have fin­ished the task, you can cross it off, which is extremely sat­is­fying.

Habit Hub

College is the best time to form habits and try to live a healthy life. Habit Hub can help you schedule and form good prac­tices. Habit Hub is similar to myHomework, but it is ori­ented towards other events besides assign­ments. The app can be used for sched­uling workouts, meal times, and any other activity that you want to reg­ulate and do con­sis­tently.

Dragon Dictation

Stu­dents fre­quently send emails to pro­fessors and texts to their friends. Dragon Dic­tation is a very helpful tool that allows you to dictate whatever you want and then send the text in an email, message, or note. This is an easy way to save yourself the time of typing a message or email, and it is more accurate than other dic­tation tools.

Sleep Cycle

It’s important to sleep well so that you can get work done (and stay awake in class). Sleep Cycle is an app that tracks sleeping habits by acti­vating your phone’s micro­phone at night and lis­tening to your move­ments. From there, it judges when you fall asleep and wake up and how deeply you sleep. This can help stu­dents keep track of their sleep schedule and see when they need more sleep.