If you are new around campus, you surely could use a little advice about the essential expe­ri­ences of a Hillsdale College student. Here is a Hillsdale College bucket list: a list of all the things you need to do with your favorite bucket before grad­u­ation.

photo by Dean Sin­clair

1. Do you have only afternoon classes on Tuesday and Thursday? Is your new dorm room lacking in drapes or shades? Just get a blue bucket! You can slip that blue boy right over your noggin and sleep in com­plete darkness all through the day!

photo by Dean Sin­clair

2. If you forgot your backpack at your parents’ house and need some­thing to tote around $600 worth of books, a blue bucket will be perfect for you. The most ver­satile vessel is the best choice for all your tree-product car­rying needs.

photo by Dean Sin­clair

3. With the winter chill setting in, stu­dents will need to start gath­ering firewood to burn in their dorm room sinks to say warm. Sticks stack nicely in a bucket and leave you with a free hand as you tote wood and other fun critters right into your dorm!

photos by Dean Sin­clair

4. When you need to pay that hefty sum of cash to the business office, a bucket is the best for car­rying all of the loose change you col­lected from the sofa in your parents’ living room before returning to school. Just leave it out in front with the rest of the buckets and they will deposit it for you. How nice!

photos by Dean Sin­clair

5. It’s not just stu­dents that are getting down with buckets; the statues are loving it too! Look at George showing off his new bucket! And the big eagle got tired of car­rying one fish at a time in his talons, so he got a blue bucket to carry all of his stinky sea crea­tures! It’s a bucket bonanza!

photo by Dean Sin­clair

6. Ever get tired of walking across the quad and need to sit down? Flip your pail on its head and plop down on it! There may be other seating choices but nothing feels so good on your rump as a sturdy old bucket.

photo by Dean Sin­clair

7. I was feeling bad that all of those workers were working so hard to build us our new chapel, so I slapped my bucket right on my head and went into the con­struction zone. Good thing I had my little blue buddy– he helped me stay safe!

photo by Dean Sin­clair

8. Missed the blood drive? Your bucket can help you help others. Just pop open a vein and fill up your bucket! After all, any bucket can become a blood bucket.

photo by Dean Sin­clair

9. If you thought $1 coffee refills were good before, you are in for a shock. Bring your blue bucket and fill it all the way to the tippy top with steaming hot coffee! If the staff at AJ’s may look upset, or angry, or shocked, that is only because they wish they had a bucket as nice as yours!

photo by Dean Sin­clair

10. At Hillsdale, we don’t drink the tap water around campus. Who knows where that stuff comes from? Instead, we head down to the Arboretum in the early morning and get a dip our buckets in the cool, pure pond water. Oh, and don’t think you need an extra glass. Just tip your head back and take a big old bucket gulp. It’s a dipper’s delight!