Two sculptures by Allison Streett ’02 on display in the Alumni Invitational Exhibit in the Daughtry Gallery. Bryan Springer | Courtesy

Featuring artwork from more than two dozen Hillsdale graduates, an exhibit wholly comprised of alumni art opened Sunday in the Sage Center Daughtry Gallery.

It includes almost 50 works ranging from sculpture to painting, graphic design, drawing, and photography. Some alumni artists graduated in the 1970s, while others have been away from the college for only a few years. The college has never displayed a collection exclusively of alumni art.

“We’re happy to do it because we have such a talented group of alums,” Chairwoman of Art Barbara Bushey said. “We also wanted them to come back and see what’s been happening around here since last they wandered through these hallowed halls, and we intend to do this every five years.”

The exhibit, which runs until Oct. 12, includes an artists’ reception the weekend of homecoming, from 7-9 p.m. on Sept. 30.

Allison Streett ’02 provided two sculptures to the exhibit.

“It’s a chance to reconnect with old art department friends and faculty and share where our foundation at Hillsdale has taken us,” Streett said.

Bushey said current students of the college might be excited to see what other Hillsdale students have done in the years after graduation.

“I think it will be good to see that people keep making art,” Bushey said. “I think it will be good for them to see the directions people follow once they’re not in school.”