Two sculp­tures by Allison Streett ’02 on display in the Alumni Invi­ta­tional Exhibit in the Daughtry Gallery. Bryan Springer | Courtesy

Fea­turing artwork from more than two dozen Hillsdale grad­uates, an exhibit wholly com­prised of alumni art opened Sunday in the Sage Center Daughtry Gallery.

It includes almost 50 works ranging from sculpture to painting, graphic design, drawing, and pho­tog­raphy. Some alumni artists grad­uated in the 1970s, while others have been away from the college for only a few years. The college has never dis­played a col­lection exclu­sively of alumni art.

“We’re happy to do it because we have such a tal­ented group of alums,” Chair­woman of Art Barbara Bushey said. “We also wanted them to come back and see what’s been hap­pening around here since last they wan­dered through these hal­lowed halls, and we intend to do this every five years.”

The exhibit, which runs until Oct. 12, includes an artists’ reception the weekend of home­coming, from 7 – 9 p.m. on Sept. 30.

Allison Streett ’02 pro­vided two sculp­tures to the exhibit.

“It’s a chance to reconnect with old art department friends and faculty and share where our foun­dation at Hillsdale has taken us,” Streett said.

Bushey said current stu­dents of the college might be excited to see what other Hillsdale stu­dents have done in the years after grad­u­ation.

“I think it will be good to see that people keep making art,” Bushey said. “I think it will be good for them to see the direc­tions people follow once they’re not in school.”