Trumpet player Walter White will visit campus Sat­urday. Walter White | Courtesy

Friday and Sat­urday at 8 p.m., Hillsdale College’s Jazz Big Band will perform their annual concert fea­turing this year’s guest artist, trumpet player Walter White.

“This will be an exciting concert,” senior Big Band trum­petist Conor Woodfin said. “For most people attending, Walter White will be the best trumpet player they will ever hear. He is an incredible musician and the music is some of the most enter­taining and ener­getic stuff out there.”

White studied trumpet at Inter­lochen Center for the Arts, The Juil­liard School, the Uni­versity of Miami, and the Banff Centre, and has played for numerous jazz orchestras, bands, and ensembles, including David Matthew’s Man­hattan Jazz Orchestra, where he recorded seven award-winning records, according to his website. His music has also appeared in the sound­tracks of records, movies, and tele­vision shows including TAXI and The Cosby Show.

“Walter’s pieces are very well written,” junior Big Band drummer Dean Sin­clair said. “He is also a monster player, and it’d be a shame to miss him perform.”

Woodfin said White’s music will be fea­tured at Hillsdale’s concert, along with other Latin, swing, funk, jazz ballads, and blues pieces. Grad­u­ating Big Band members will also be playing fea­tured solos, Sin­clair said.

“I’m most excited to perform White’s arrangement of Dave Brubeck’s ‘Blue Rondo Ala Turk,’” Sin­clair said, “I played it in high school,” Sin­clair said. “As a drummer, the time sig­nature changes are a ton of fun to play. I think we sound nice on it.”

“I think most of the musi­cians and directors will agree that this is likely the best jazz band Hillsdale has ever seen,” Woodfin said. “There will be exciting music played by some incredible musi­cians. It is worth your time.”