David Stone and William Persson, both members of Delta Tau Delta fra­ternity, hold dodge balls men­ac­ingly. Zane Miller | Courtesy

To benefit the Juvenile Dia­betes Research Foun­dation, the Delta Tau Delta fra­ternity will hold a dodgeball tour­nament Sunday from 2 – 5 p.m. in the Roche Sports Complex.

Orig­i­nally scheduled for April 13, the fra­ternity post­poned the event to avoid con­flicting with its puppy kissing booth, Pres­ident Joshua Brooks said. Reg­is­tration costs $4 per person or $10 per group of three.

“Our goal is twofold,” said sophomore Zachary Rabitoy, chairman of phil­an­thropy for Delta Tau Delta. “It is designed to provide a fun atmos­phere for stu­dents to destress from the week but also to raise money and awareness for Type 1 dia­betes.”

Everyone who reg­isters will also be entered into a raffle drawing for a $25 Hillsdale College Book­store gift card.

Brooks said the event is the first of its kind for the fra­ternity. Half of the dodgeball event pro­ceeds will go to the foun­dation, specif­i­cally its efforts to develop an arti­ficial pan­creas for patients of Type 1 dia­betes, Brooks said.

The other half of the event’s pro­ceeds will go to the winning dodgeball team, which will have the option of keeping the funds or donating them to a charity of the team’s choice, Brooks said.

The fra­ternity also held a snowcone fundraiser on the Quad and offered a puppy kissing booth to raise money for the Juvenile Dia­betes Research Foun­dation this semester.

Stu­dents can reserve their spots either by stopping at the Delta Tau Delta table in the Grewcock Student Union or by emailing Rabitoy at zrabitoy@hillsdale.edu.