Wiki­media Commons

Stu­dents don’t have to drive to Adrian, Michigan, to eat Chipotle this weekend.

In an effort to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foun­dation, the women of the Chi Omega sorority are taking student’s custom Chipotle burrito and taco orders in the Grewcock Student Union until Thursday.

Chi Omega sophomore Haley Hauprich said she came up with idea last year after the annual Chi-Omega pancake breakfast and decided to dub the event “Chi-pOtle.”

“People like Chipotle, but there isn’t one close,” Hauprich said. “Getting people involved and having them get some­thing they like is a good thing.”

For $10, stu­dents order their food online and then pick it up at the Chi Omega house on Sat­urday from 12:30 – 1 p.m. Chi Omega fundraising chair sophomore Claire Gwilt said $3.50 from each order will go to Make-A-Wish to comfort children with ter­minal ill­nesses.

“I think everybody loves Chipotle,” Gwilt said. “So I think they are willing to spend a little extra to not drive and get it.”

Gwilt said she’s excited that Chi Omega can hold a cre­ative event to benefit a good cause.

“Make-A-Wish is important,” Gwilt said. “Doctors have seen that after their patients go on their wish trips that they fight back harder, because they are inspired by being able to achieve that dream.”