An image of downtown Hillsdale | Wiki­media Commons

The move will allow Home Oxygen to expand its ser­vices and provide more con­ve­nient access to its cus­tomers.

“It took us a couple days to get in here, but we have had a lot of com­pli­ments from our patients on how great it is that our new location is so easy and so con­ve­nient for them,” Home Oxygen coor­di­nator Sylvia Roberts said.

Home Oxygen has pro­vided res­pi­ratory sup­plies — home oxygen, con­cen­trators, C-pap, Bi-pap, and neb­u­lizers — to its cus­tomers for a decade. The business is cur­rently expanding to supply orthotics equipment like walkers and crutches, and bath items like shower stools.

“It’s easier for us to expand now because we have a bigger showroom. At the old facility it was just more of an office,” Roberts said. “Now we actually have an area where we can have dis­plays.”

Home Oxygen’s old office was at 451 Hidden Meadow Drive, and the new building’s downtown location, at 49 E Car­leton Road, and store­front feel played a big role in Home Oxygen’s decision to move.

“‘Hidden Meadow’ explains where it is,” Roberts said. “This is a better location and gives easier access to our patients.”

Home Oxygen’s new location is not only closer to most of its cus­tomers but also easier for its less mobile patients to access.

“At our old location you had to walk down two hallways and it was just a great big maze. Some of our patients are short of breath, so by the time they found our office they were winded,” Roberts said. “But with this new location, they just walk right in and we have seating arrange­ments for them to sit and relax while we show them a new item.”

Home Oxygen’s more wide-open store­front feel has appealed to its cus­tomers.

“They’re very inter­ested in what we have to offer,” Roberts said. “It’s just amazing the dif­ference that a store­front makes versus just a little office.”

Home Oxygen cur­rently has a patient base of about three thousand people, but Roberts hopes to expand as it begins pro­viding orthotics in addition to res­pi­ratory ser­vices.