An image of the Hillsdale Com­munity Library.
(Photo: Facebook)

After seven years of service, LeAnn Beckwith has announced her retirement as director of the Hillsdale Com­munity Library.

Beckwith said in a letter to the library board that the choice to resign was not an easy one, but nec­essary nonetheless.

“This was not an easy decision to make as the past seven years have been very rewarding,” Beckwith said. “I have enjoyed com­pleting the goals that I had set when I first became director in 2012. I am sorry I will not be here to implement my latest ideas but I am sure you will find someone who will bring even greater vision to the library.”

Beckwith said she wishes the library the best, and that she is hopeful the library’s board members and staff will help the new director throughout the tran­sition.

“The current staff is extremely accom­mo­dating and flexible and I am sure they will be very helpful to the new director,” Beckwith said. “I wish the Hillsdale Com­munity Library all the best.”

• disqus_odKVC5cL1k

Who is writing the article titles? They need to find a new job.

This week’s examples:
    “Library director Beckwith resigns after seven years of service” — while a retirement is tech­ni­cally a res­ig­nation, most view a retirement quite dif­fer­ently than a res­ig­nation.

“City Council to become more open after citizen comment” — Not even remotely accurate. An open meetings act question, pro­viding the phone number on the notice, which is a requirement for the notice, has effec­tively zero impact on the notice or the council being open.

“Hillsdale needs a student TV studio” — a webcast and a TV studio have little relation to each other.

• Ellsworth_Toohey

I asked that same question when they ran the bank­ruptcy headline a few months back. It’s not the authors but appar­ently the editor.

• Penny Swan

I agree a “res­ig­nation” has me thinking she is leaving because a bad feels on the job.

The titles have def­i­nitely been a problem as of late.