An image of the Hillsdale Community Library.
(Photo: Facebook)

After seven years of service, LeAnn Beckwith has announced her retirement as director of the Hillsdale Community Library.

Beckwith said in a letter to the library board that the choice to resign was not an easy one, but necessary nonetheless.

“This was not an easy decision to make as the past seven years have been very rewarding,” Beckwith said. “I have enjoyed completing the goals that I had set when I first became director in 2012. I am sorry I will not be here to implement my latest ideas but I am sure you will find someone who will bring even greater vision to the library.”

Beckwith said she wishes the library the best, and that she is hopeful the library’s board members and staff will help the new director throughout the transition.

“The current staff is extremely accommodating and flexible and I am sure they will be very helpful to the new director,” Beckwith said. “I wish the Hillsdale Community Library all the best.”

• disqus_odKVC5cL1k

Who is writing the article titles? They need to find a new job.

This week’s examples:
    “Library director Beckwith resigns after seven years of service” – while a retirement is technically a resignation, most view a retirement quite differently than a resignation.

“City Council to become more open after citizen comment” – Not even remotely accurate. An open meetings act question, providing the phone number on the notice, which is a requirement for the notice, has effectively zero impact on the notice or the council being open.

“Hillsdale needs a student TV studio” – a webcast and a TV studio have little relation to each other.

• Ellsworth_Toohey

I asked that same question when they ran the bankruptcy headline a few months back. It’s not the authors but apparently the editor.

• Penny Swan

I agree a “resignation” has me thinking she is leaving because a bad feels on the job.

The titles have definitely been a problem as of late.