Members of the Chi Omega,Senior Catherine Pearsall (blue) and junior Emma Klaserner (red) sorority making pancakes for charity. Claire Gwilt | Courtesy

Chi Omega is holding its annual pancake breakfast Saturday from 10 a.m to 1 p.m. at its sorority house. Tickets to “ChiHop” are $5, with all proceeds going to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

The proceeds go toward the sorority’s combined funds from other events to send $6,000 to Make-A-Wish. That amount pays for the wish of one child with a life-threatening illness.

“We raised $1,600 last year and we are trying to match that this year,” Chi Omega philanthropy chair Claire Gwilt said.

After holding two fundraisers in the fall — Volley for a Wish and Chi O Comedy Night — Gwilt said Chi O has raised around $2,700 so far this year.

ChiHop will feature four different kinds of pancakes: plain, chocolate chip, gluten free, and the Chi O special, strawberry and banana.

The $1,600 goal matches the record for the most money raised by the event, after the sorority increased the event’s ticket price from $3 to $5.

“The $2 increase helped raise $600 more,” Gwilt said.

Chi Omega has raised money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation since 2001 when the foundation became the sorority’s national philanthropy partner.

“It’s been a really good experience working with Make-A-Wish,” Gwilt said. “I’ve been raising money for Make-A-Wish since elementary school, and getting the chance to come here and raise money for Make-A-Wish has been a real blessing.”