The College Republicans event that sparked College Democrat’s event ‘Pie a Democrat.’ Facebook | Courtesy

Students will have the chance to throw a pie in a Democrat’s face Friday, courtesy of Hillsdale College Democrats.

The group will be in the Grewcock Student Union during lunch Friday, allowing their peers to shove cream pie in their faces for $3.

“Being a Democrat on campus, you kind of have to learn to poke fun at yourself,” College Democrats President junior Elyse Hutcheson said. “We were in a meeting trying to think of fundraisers, and we realized, ‘Wow, people would probably really love to do this’.”

The fundraiser, however, will take place during the Hillsdale College Republicans’ annual trip to the Conservative Political Action Conference in National Harbor, Maryland. Hutcheson said it is unfortunate because the people attending CPAC would be likely customers.

This pie-throwing fundraiser resembles a similar fundraiser the College Republicans did in the fall, College Republicans acting president junior Madeline Domalakes said.

“When the College Republicans did this fundraiser last semester, we had a blast, and it was very successful,” Domalakes said. “So when we saw the College Democrats were doing the same (with their own twist), we were flattered and frankly found it hilarious. Imitation is the highest form of flattery — thanks College Democrats!”