‘Day with Superheroes’ event will raise money for special needs children and adults

Home City News ‘Day with Superheroes’ event will raise money for special needs children and adults
‘Day with Superheroes’ event will raise  money for special needs children and adults

Brianna Bennett poses in her Hillsdale Supergirl costume. | Facebook

Hillsdale’s Supergirl will host the Superhero Fun Day event on Feb. 17 in an effort to raise money for a dance geared toward special needs children and adults in the near future.

This “carnival-like” party will feature a variety of games and activities, as well as a photo booth, where children in attendance can take pictures with their favorite superheroes.

Brianna Bennett, a Hillsdale resident and the girl behind the Hillsdale Supergirl costume, has a passion for all people with special needs.

“My brother is autistic so I grew up taking care of him,” Bennett said. “I have a really big heart for kids and adults with special needs.”

She said the special needs dance is one of her favorite events of the year, and she hopes this Superhero Fun Day will raise enough money to cover the entire cost of the dance so they will not have to charge an entrance fee at the dance.

Bennett has participated in other events around Hillsdale as the Hillsdale Supergirl, such as a christmas party with Key Opportunities — a resale shop that mainly hires special needs adults.

The Superhero Fun Day will be held at the Hillsdale Youth Center, at 70 Goodrich Ave., from 5 to 8 p.m. An admission fee will be taken at the door, and refreshments and photos with the superheroes will be available for purchase.