Courtesy Wiki­media Commons

National Harbor, Md. — A group of about 20 demon­strators stood outside the Con­ser­v­ative Political Action Con­ference to protest Pres­ident Donald Trump and his policies Friday.

The group came from Prince George’s County Democrats, said the group’s leader, Jessica Semachko, 33, from Mitchel­lville, Maryland. They crit­i­cized Trump’s immi­gration policy and his attempts to reduce the enforcement of the Affordable Care Act, also known as Oba­macare.

“We heard on Tuesday that Pres­ident Trump was going to be speaking at the CPAC con­ference, and we felt it was important that people from the com­munity shine a light on the real Trump agenda of mil­i­ta­rized immi­gration raids, repeal of healthcare — the impact that will have on our com­munity,” Semachko said. “The ACA could derail our hos­pital in Prince George’s County meaning that thou­sands of res­i­dents could go without ambu­latory care.”

Semachko added that no one had paid the demon­strators.

The group held signs that said “resist the Trump agenda”; “I march so my children won’t have to”; “no ban, no wall”; “immi­grants made America great”; and “love thy neighbor.”

The demon­strators also chanted “no wall, no ban, let us keep our healthcare plan”; “no plan, no repeal”; “we need a leader, not a creepy tweeter”; “we will not go away, welcome to your everyday”; and “no hate, no KKK, immi­grants are here to stay.”

Semachko and other pro­testers said they were united against the repeal of the Affordable Care Act, the border wall, and Trump’s exec­utive order that banned immi­gration from seven Middle Eastern coun­tries.

“We really believe that immi­grants are an important part of our society,” Semachko said. “They are an important part of our economy, and we need to make sure we protect them and remove them from the shadows. We have to decide what our values are in this country. I think that on Election Day, more Amer­icans, by raw count, said that they believed in an inclusive America where we can all prosper and reach our full potential as indi­viduals.”

Jen­nifer Zucker, 38, from Brookeville, Maryland, crit­i­cized attempts to repeal Oba­macare without knowing what will replace it.

“I’m here to let Pres­ident Trump know that I support the Affordable Care Act,” she said. “It’s helped mil­lions of people get healthcare that didn’t have it before, and sure it has some issues, but it should be repaired and not com­pletely repealed — espe­cially without a new plan to replace it.”

Lauri Roadich, 64, also from Brookeville, Maryland, agreed: “I’m appalled by the repeal of the ACA without a replacement, the lack of tax returns, the splitting up of fam­ilies under the guise of immi­gration reform. What I’ve noticed is that people are fighting for the ACA. People who hated it are now saying, ‘Don’t take away ACA.’”

She said Steve Bannon, assistant to the Pres­ident and White House chief strategist, is leading Trump’s pres­i­dency. Trump is “being upstaged by under­lings,” she said.

“I despise CPAC more than I despise Trump,” Roadich said. “But I’m really so dis­mayed at the agenda that’s going forward under the Bannon admin­is­tration.”

Bev Iglesias, 66, another Prince George’s County res­ident, said she is worried, like the other pro­testers, that repeal of the Affordable Care Act will harm the county’s hos­pital.

“For almost seven years, Con­gress has tried to repeal Oba­macare,” Iglesias said. “You would think that all those seven years, they would’ve made a plan. It’s all about getting rid of it but not pro­viding any­thing to replace it.”

Roadich said she has never protested a pres­ident before, although she has rallied against policies and wars.

“I’ve never felt so dis­dained by a spe­cific pres­ident,” Roadich said.

• WHATCHU Talkin’boutWillis

“demon­strators also chanted “no wall, no ban, let us keep our healthcare plan”; “no plan, no repeal”; “we need a leader, not a creepy tweeter”; “we will not go away, welcome to your everyday”; and “no hate, no KKK, immi­grants are here to stay.”

DO YOUR JOBS TEA ==»> Party Con­gress. Where is ALL of the new fan­tastic WORK on tax reform and replacing Oba­macare?

When will SMALL gov­ernment be coming to my neigh­borhood? SOON?

Paul Ryan got this past TEA PARty majority Con­gress to pass the record Con­gres­sional spending for one year, just this year past,a t just $4 trillion. Trump wants Defense Dept to get $3/4 trillion this year. Defense , Social Security, Medicare, Med­icaid & interest on national debt is 75% of annual Con­gres­sional spending, for every year of this century.

When does the enti­tle­ments ‘sector’ get cut to 65% of spending?

How are Y“ALL TEA Party REBS planning on doing that?.

When does Ryan’s ‘Better-way-for hyp­ocrites- forward start?

Next year? In ten years?

THE ALL Talk and NO action REGRESSO-Cons had better start deliv­ering some­thing good, that is what they say they’re going to do when they cam­paign. If not, others will be happy to do SOMETHING in Con­gress.

CPAC .… .????

C — con­ster­nation [amazement or dismay that hinders or throws into con­fusion} … TEA Party hyp­ocrites, talking & never any action matching talk plan.

P — Plu­to­crats

A — Asbury Park fans (NOT) .… .

C — CREEPS, one & all.….….….

• One­OfTheSheep

As usual, these “pro­testors” don’t know what they’re talking about.

They want to “resist the Trump agenda”, “…march so my children won’t have to” and suggest “no ban, no wall”; “immi­grants made America great”; and “love thy neighbor.”

They chant “no wall, no ban, let us keep our healthcare plan”; “no plan, no repeal”;

“we need a leader, not a creepy tweeter”; “we will not go away, welcome
    to your everyday”; and “no hate, no KKK, immi­grants are here to stay”, saying “We really believe that immi­grants are an important part of our society”.

Their sloth-brained half-truths inten­tionally blur the issues truly at hand. For the FIRST time we have a pres­ident that UNDERSTANDS the problems of ILLEGAL immi­gration by the une­d­u­cated, the unskilled, and incredibly pro­lific that choose NOT to learn English or assim­ilate into American society and is going to put a stop to the ever-increasing expense these folks place on America and its working cit­izens. America does not need more feces, urine, disease and crime, about all these people flooding across our southern border have to offer.

Yes, America can benefit from edu­cated immi­grants who wish to come here for a better life by bringing genuine skills useful here. We don’t have to worry that many of THEIR children will disrupt our schools, clog up and bankrupt our emer­gency rooms, have babies out of wedlock to be raised on welfare, strip our food banks bare, bring in countless rel­a­tives to feed off our sym­pathy and soak up ben­efits owed our own needy and dis­ad­van­taged.

Bye bye, and good rid­dance!