Courtesy Wikimedia Commons

National Harbor, Md. — A group of about 20 demonstrators stood outside the Conservative Political Action Conference to protest President Donald Trump and his policies Friday.

The group came from Prince George’s County Democrats, said the group’s leader, Jessica Semachko, 33, from Mitchellville, Maryland. They criticized Trump’s immigration policy and his attempts to reduce the enforcement of the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare.

“We heard on Tuesday that President Trump was going to be speaking at the CPAC conference, and we felt it was important that people from the community shine a light on the real Trump agenda of militarized immigration raids, repeal of healthcare — the impact that will have on our community,” Semachko said. “The ACA could derail our hospital in Prince George’s County meaning that thousands of residents could go without ambulatory care.”

Semachko added that no one had paid the demonstrators.

The group held signs that said “resist the Trump agenda”; “I march so my children won’t have to”; “no ban, no wall”; “immigrants made America great”; and “love thy neighbor.”

The demonstrators also chanted “no wall, no ban, let us keep our healthcare plan”; “no plan, no repeal”; “we need a leader, not a creepy tweeter”; “we will not go away, welcome to your everyday”; and “no hate, no KKK, immigrants are here to stay.”

Semachko and other protesters said they were united against the repeal of the Affordable Care Act, the border wall, and Trump’s executive order that banned immigration from seven Middle Eastern countries.

“We really believe that immigrants are an important part of our society,” Semachko said. “They are an important part of our economy, and we need to make sure we protect them and remove them from the shadows. We have to decide what our values are in this country. I think that on Election Day, more Americans, by raw count, said that they believed in an inclusive America where we can all prosper and reach our full potential as individuals.”

Jennifer Zucker, 38, from Brookeville, Maryland, criticized attempts to repeal Obamacare without knowing what will replace it.

“I’m here to let President Trump know that I support the Affordable Care Act,” she said. “It’s helped millions of people get healthcare that didn’t have it before, and sure it has some issues, but it should be repaired and not completely repealed — especially without a new plan to replace it.”

Lauri Roadich, 64, also from Brookeville, Maryland, agreed: “I’m appalled by the repeal of the ACA without a replacement, the lack of tax returns, the splitting up of families under the guise of immigration reform. What I’ve noticed is that people are fighting for the ACA. People who hated it are now saying, ‘Don’t take away ACA.’”

She said Steve Bannon, assistant to the President and White House chief strategist, is leading Trump’s presidency. Trump is “being upstaged by underlings,” she said.

“I despise CPAC more than I despise Trump,” Roadich said. “But I’m really so dismayed at the agenda that’s going forward under the Bannon administration.”

Bev Iglesias, 66, another Prince George’s County resident, said she is worried, like the other protesters, that repeal of the Affordable Care Act will harm the county’s hospital.

“For almost seven years, Congress has tried to repeal Obamacare,” Iglesias said. “You would think that all those seven years, they would’ve made a plan. It’s all about getting rid of it but not providing anything to replace it.”

Roadich said she has never protested a president before, although she has rallied against policies and wars.

“I’ve never felt so disdained by a specific president,” Roadich said.

• WHATCHU Talkin’boutWillis

“demonstrators also chanted “no wall, no ban, let us keep our healthcare plan”; “no plan, no repeal”; “we need a leader, not a creepy tweeter”; “we will not go away, welcome to your everyday”; and “no hate, no KKK, immigrants are here to stay.”

DO YOUR JOBS TEA ==>>> Party Congress. Where is ALL of the new fantastic WORK on tax reform and replacing Obamacare?

When will SMALL government be coming to my neighborhood? SOON?

Paul Ryan got this past TEA PARty majority Congress to pass the record Congressional spending for one year, just this year past,a t just $4 trillion. Trump wants Defense Dept to get $3/4 trillion this year. Defense , Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid & interest on national debt is 75% of annual Congressional spending, for every year of this century.

When does the entitlements ‘sector’ get cut to 65% of spending?

How are Y”ALL TEA Party REBS planning on doing that?.

When does Ryan’s ‘Better-way-for hypocrites- forward start?

Next year? In ten years?

THE ALL Talk and NO action REGRESSO-Cons had better start delivering something good, that is what they say they’re going to do when they campaign. If not, others will be happy to do SOMETHING in Congress.

CPAC . . . . .????

C – consternation [amazement or dismay that hinders or throws into confusion} . . . TEA Party hypocrites, talking & never any action matching talk plan.

P – Plutocrats

A – Asbury Park fans (NOT) . . . . .

C – CREEPS, one & all………….

• OneOfTheSheep

As usual, these “protestors” don’t know what they’re talking about.

They want to “resist the Trump agenda”, “…march so my children won’t have to” and suggest “no ban, no wall”; “immigrants made America great”; and “love thy neighbor.”

They chant “no wall, no ban, let us keep our healthcare plan”; “no plan, no repeal”;

“we need a leader, not a creepy tweeter”; “we will not go away, welcome
    to your everyday”; and “no hate, no KKK, immigrants are here to stay”, saying “We really believe that immigrants are an important part of our society”.

Their sloth-brained half-truths intentionally blur the issues truly at hand. For the FIRST time we have a president that UNDERSTANDS the problems of ILLEGAL immigration by the uneducated, the unskilled, and incredibly prolific that choose NOT to learn English or assimilate into American society and is going to put a stop to the ever-increasing expense these folks place on America and its working citizens. America does not need more feces, urine, disease and crime, about all these people flooding across our southern border have to offer.

Yes, America can benefit from educated immigrants who wish to come here for a better life by bringing genuine skills useful here. We don’t have to worry that many of THEIR children will disrupt our schools, clog up and bankrupt our emergency rooms, have babies out of wedlock to be raised on welfare, strip our food banks bare, bring in countless relatives to feed off our sympathy and soak up benefits owed our own needy and disadvantaged.

Bye bye, and good riddance!