Sitting in a small, clear display case secured to a gray gallery wall is the fountain pen used by Pres­ident John F. Kennedy to make Sir Winston Churchill an hon­orary United States citizen. It isn’t in the Smith­sonian in Wash­ington, D.C. or the Henry Ford museum in Dearborn, Michigan. It’s a trav­eling exhibit at Hillsdale College’s own Daughtrey Gallery at the Sage Center for The Arts.

With regular per­for­mances of renowned plays such as “Much Ado About Nothing” and “The Eumenides” and rotating art exhibits such as the “Art of Winston Churchill,” stu­dents and locals don’t need to travel to Jackson or Jonesville for great live theater.

The best part, the works of art and acting per­for­mances are done by fellow stu­dents and pro­fessors. It’s easy to break the fourth wall when the actor is a classmate.

Previous articleWomen’s basketball loses two on the road
Next articleFaculty puts academic honor policy under review
Thomas Novelly
Collegian Editor-in-Chief, Thomas Novelly was born in Novi, Michigan, but was raised in Franklin, Tennessee, making him a self-proclaimed "Yankee gone South." Thomas began writing for The Collegian as a sophomore, and since has served as a reporter, columnist, and Assistant City News Editor. He has also worked for two major publications, interning at the Washington Free Beacon in D.C. and The Tennessean in Nashville. His work has been seen in National publications such as CBS News, National Review Online, Stars And Stripes, and USA Today. Follow him on Twitter @TomNovelly.