Despite the snow and ice that covered the Midwest just as the Fall semester came to a close, Hillsdale stu­dents rushed away from school and respon­si­bil­ities in search for rest and relax­ation fol­lowing finals.

Winter break often serves as the perfect “break” for stu­dents: no hanging assign­ments, a little too short to hold a stable job or internship, and the perfect time to spend the holiday season with family and friends.

Some stu­dents found the courage to not press “con­tinue watching” on Netflix and got out of bed to explore with their extra free time.

Rachel Reynolds and Emily Rinaldi traveled to Israel …

Rachael Reynolds | Courtesy

Seniors Rachael Reynolds and Emily Rinaldi explored on Mount Precipice in Galilee, Israel as part of a 10-day trip to Israel with Pas­sages. They were accom­panied by 41 other Hillsdale stu­dents and two pro­fessors.

The Hillsdale Swim Team trained in Florida …

Peyton Bowen | Courtesy

Two weeks of break were fol­lowed by two weeks of training for The Hillsdale College Swim Team who traveled to Fort Laud­erdale, Florida for their annual training trip before returning to Hillsdale.  

Danae Sollie went ice-climbing …

Danae Sollie | Courtesy

The warm sun of Florida didn’t quite hit the arctic of Min­nesota where freshman Danae Sollie climbed ice sculp­tures in the frigid tem­per­a­tures.

Ben Dietderich payed his respects to Hayek …

Ben Diet­derich | Courtesy

Freshman Ben Diet­derich lived Austria for 13 years prior to coming to Hillsdale to study. Upon his return for a visit, he dis­covered that Aus­trian Econ­omist Friedrich Hayek was buried not too far from where he lived in Austria.

Claire Hughes traveled to D.C. for WHIP …

Claire Hughes | Courtesy

However not all roads lead back to Hillsdale, Michigan. Junior Claire Hughes ended her winter break set­tling into Hillsdale College’s Kirby Center in Wash­ington, D.C where she will remain for the semester, interning with the House Judi­ciary Com­mittee.