Contact center celebrates grand opening

Home Campus Contact center celebrates grand opening
Contact center celebrates grand opening
The grand opening of the new Call Center in Kendall Hall.
The grand opening of the new Call Center in Kendall Hall. John Ball/Collegian

Kendall Hall’s contact center had its grand opening Oct. 27, inaugurating a new way for Hillsdale College to answer inquiries and communicate with prospective students.

Although the center began operations in September, the ribbon-cutting ceremony officially welcomed the student population to the center, Contact Center Director John Papciak said.

The center is full of call stations, cubicles with double-monitor computers. There is also a presentation room for training employees. Right now, 30 students work for the contact center, though Papciak said it is still hiring.

The college finished construction on the center on the lowest level in Kendall in August. It is a new initiative, first conceived in early 2015, and aims to consolidate all of the college’s external communications, including email, social media, and phone calls. Although the center’s main focus is currently on admissions, it is planning to add Imprimis communications and donor calls in the future, according to Contact Center employees.

“It’s cool to interact with people interested in the college and be able to talk to people all over the country and possibly the world,” freshman Madeleine Miller said. “Also, you are interacting with all different facets of the college.”