Show me the upgrade: iPhone puts the ‘fun’ in functional

Home Culture Show me the upgrade: iPhone puts the ‘fun’ in functional
iPhone 7 and iOS 10 the next in Apple's reliable upgrades | Thomas Novelly
iPhone 7 and iOS 10 the next in Apple’s reliable upgrades | Thomas Novelly

Apple sells 395 iPhones every minute, according to the website everysecond.io. Last week, when Apple released its newest iPhone model, there weren’t enough to meet the demand.

Before the phones could hit the shelves on Sept. 7, Apple had run out of the iPhone 7 Plus, as well as the jet black version of the iPhone 7. Localytics, the leading mobile engagement platform, said Apple didn’t see this level of demand for any of its previous models.

The iPhone 7 offers a better camera, higher operating speeds, water resistance, longer battery life, and smoother compatibility with iOS 10. But users have complained the upgrade is not revolutionary enough to come from the king of smartphone innovations.

Yet users have critiqued Apple’s newest baby. The lack of a headphone drive has some users concerned that their $200 headphones will go to waste, and the new 3D touch home button feels too futuristic for the same generation that once clung to flip phones.

Though it may not be Apple’s most mind-blowing unveil yet, the iPhone 7 is part of Apple’s steady and consistent climb to providing high quality smartphones that add quality to users’ lives.

About one in every three Americans own an iPhone. These 101 million U.S. users don’t store their iPhones in their back pockets, only to fish them out for a phone call or the time.

These iPhones hold their users’ lives together, and Apple consistently releases new operating systems that add both flare and reliability to users’ experience. When the newest system, iOS 10, was released earlier this month, iPhone 5 users complained it froze or ruined their phones.

But the iPhone 7 incorporates the new iOS 10 features, partnering seamlessly with the system upgrade.

According to  everysecond.io, iPhone users spend $38,000 on the App Store every 60 seconds, buying workflow apps to organize their days, games to entertain their children, and social media apps to stay plugged into their social circles. The iPhone 7 allies with iOS 7, bringing iPhone users tons of shiny new apps to choose from. And they operate faster, too.

Each minute, iPhone users send 28 million iMessages, checking in on loved ones, sending congratulations to a friend, or shooting an important memo to a coworker. Buddying with iOS 10, the iPhone 7 enables its users to spice up every message with animated fireworks, invisible ink messages, and handwritten notes.

As the quality of the iPhone user’s life increases, the iPhone 7’s 12-megapixel camera allows the user to capture every moment in vibrant color — even in low lighting.

In order to stay up to date with the highest-quality smartphone provider in the country, iPhone users must eventually ditch their iPhone 5s and make the move to a newer, faster, flashier version.

With the iPhone 7, Apple did its part. Now the users must do theirs.