Do it all for the Insta, am I right?

As Hillsdale College cel­e­brated its one-hun­dredth home­coming, social media blew up with pic­tures of stu­dents and alumni donned in their Charger blue and white, ready to show pride in their second home, Hillsdale.

Of course, it didn’t happen unless we all saw it on Instagram, so here are a few of the fea­tured photos of the weekend.

1. The Alumni Choir per­formed

The weekend began with the Alumni Choir tra­dition: Pro­fessor Holleman pro­vided apple cider and donuts as an incentive to pull the over one hundred choir stu­dents out of bed early Sat­urday morning. For­tu­nately, a large number of alumni and their children attended the rehearsal in prepa­ration for signing in the parade later that afternoon.
Photo Credit: @hillsdalecollege

2. The three soror­ities on campus joined forces

second in home­coming, first in my heart #kap­pachiphi

A photo posted by Glynis Gilio (@glynisgilio) on

New this year was the teaming up of all soror­ities on campus, in efforts to provide unity amongst the houses and try to break Simpson’s #6peat. After joining forces all week, they came in a close second place in the Home­coming Fes­tiv­ities.
Photo Credit: @glynisgilio

3. Dorms and Greeks walked in a Home­coming parade

Our own college pres­ident and his beloved wife, Dr. and Mrs. Arnn did not keep from the Home­coming excitement. They par­tic­i­pated in the parade via Firetruck, and stopped to pet the Gal­loway dog.
Photo Credit: @hdalecollegian

4. The Home­coming King and Queen were named

Voted by the student body, Elise Clines and Chris Prudenz were announced Home­coming King and Queen during halftime. Both winners had their faces plas­tered over campus in various memes to advertise their cam­paign, ulti­mately proving suc­cessful.
Photo Credit: @hillsdalecollege

5. The Chargers defeated Michigan Tech in the Home­coming football game

Proudly, the Hillsdale College Football team played them­selves to a victory against Michigan Tech.
Photo Credit: @hillsdale_chargers

6. Simpson won Home­coming for the 6th year in-a-row

It was inter­esting to see that out of all the photos @hillsdalecollege posted on social media this weekend, this photo got one of the least amounts of likes. Picking up on the sarcasm of Meghan Cain, who MC’d this year’s Mock Rock, I believe most of campus was dis­ap­pointed in the fact that Simpson won for the sixth year in a row.

7. Numerous people took a picture of Central Hall

Classic #Hillsdale. This walk never gets old. #Hills­dale­Home­coming #cel­e­bra­tionofthe­century

A photo posted by Andy Losik (@mrlosik) on

Did you really come back to campus if you didn’t take a picture of Central Hall? @mrlosik appre­ciated the familiar view of the campus icon.