Resident refutes allegations made against him in vandalism of Blossom Shop

Home City News Resident refutes allegations made against him in vandalism of Blossom Shop
Resident refutes allegations made against him in  vandalism of Blossom Shop

Mindy Flowers, 24, charged with misdemeanor destruction of property. Hillsdale Sheriff's Department | Courtesy
Mindy Flowers, 24, charged with misdemeanor destruction of property. Hillsdale Sheriff’s Department | Courtesy

Hillsdale resident Otis Campbell is contesting allegations that his estranged wife made against him regarding his involvement with an incident of vandalism at the Blossom Shop last month.

Jennifer Campbell told the Collegian last week that she believed Otis Campbell, not his girlfriend Mindy Flowers, had thrown a rock through the back window of the Blossom Shop. She also said she had paid for Otis Campbell’s Chevy Blazer and insinuated that he is a violent man. (“Blossom Shop caught in crossfire of lover’s quarrel,” 9/17/16).

Flowers confessed to the misdemeanor and has been charged.

Otis Campbell denies Jennifer Campbell’s accusations.

“I don’t hit women — I don’t believe in that,” Otis Campbell told the Collegian. “I wouldn’t do that to any woman. And I have another woman that’s willing to come forward and vouch for the situation. You think her parents would let me into the house if they thought I hit her?” he added. “Because they know dang well I don’t touch their daughter. I take care of her and my newborn.”

Otis Campbell also produced a receipt to prove that he had purchased his truck himself for $400.