Hillsdale stu­dents study a lot.  Finding the perfect place to study is half the battle of being an excellent student.  Some people need to study with friends, others prefer monk-like solitude.  Regardless of one’s per­sonal pref­erence, a spot exists that will be perfect for every student.

1. AJ’s Cafe

file_0011
Morgan Channels | Col­legian

As one of the busiest spots on campus, AJ’s café is the perfect place to study with buddies.  Noise abounds, but tables and booths hold many hard-working stu­dents. And coffee is available only a few steps away.

2. Howard Hall of Music’s second lounge

Morgan Channels | Collegian
Morgan Channels | Col­legian

Not the first lounge, but the second in Howard Music building is the place to find peace and solitude.  Strains of music float in the air, but it is a tranquil corner of campus.  Plus, the couches are comfy.  Enough said.

3. The second floor of the library

Morgan Channels | Collegian
Morgan Channels | Col­legian

The second floor of the library has many hidden nooks.  The tables next to the large windows allow for the more pensive student to study and slyly watch fellow stu­dents walk around campus at the same time. The office-like cubicles on the same floor offer a space to focus.

4. The Library’s Von Mises Room

Morgan Channels | Collegian
Morgan Channels | Col­legian

Also on the second floor of the library, the Von Mises Room is like the study of a large house.  Book­shelves line the walls, light streams in through the windows, and it’s so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

5. Class­rooms

Morgan Channels | Collegian
Morgan Channels | Col­legian

Class­rooms are always great.

6. The hallway between Stros­sacker and Dow

Morgan Channels | Collegian
Morgan Channels | Col­legian

Stu­dents channel the science class­rooms’ smart-waves in the sunny tables between Stros­sacker and Dow. You feel smart just sitting there, let alone cracking open the text­books.

7. The Old Snack Bar

Morgan Channels | Collegian
Morgan Channels | Col­legian

The Old Snack Bar is for the truly ded­i­cated.  Cold and uncom­fortable, one feels a reli­gious con­nection to one’s homework.  Truly.

8. The Old Snack Bar Patio

Morgan Channels | Collegian
Morgan Channels | Col­legian

Outdoor spots are fab­ulous.  The Old Snack Bar has an outdoor extension with a tree and a bench.

9. The Quad

Plop thyself on the quad, friend.  Any­where outside with a blanket or on the grass becomes a spot to study when the weather is good.