Justin_MooreThe Hillsdale County Fair Board announced Friday that country singer Justin Moore will headline the Hillsdale County Fair.

Moore is known for his singles “Small Town USA,” and “If Heaven Wasn’t So Far Away.” In 2014, Moore won New Artist of the Year award from the Academy of Country Music Awards.

“We’re excited to have someone as good as Justin Moore,” Hillsdale County Fair Manager Mark Williams said.

Williams said the Fair Board tries to find a newer per­former who is rising in pop­u­larity.

“The issue is that we can’t gen­erate enough revenue for big acts,” Williams said, “So we look for new and upcoming artists who are           rea­sonably priced but also very tal­ented.”                                                    Justin Moore | Wiki­media Commons

According to Williams, timing is every­thing when it comes to looking for artists to headline the fair each year.

“You never know who is going to take off, so finding them before they do is very important,” Williams said.

Tickets will go on sale at 8:00am on Thursday, May 19, 2016, according to the fair’s website. General admission and reserved box seating both cost $42, and reserved grand­stand seats cost $36. Tickets can be pur­chased by calling (800) 585‑3737 or online at www.startickets.com. The show is at 7:30pm on Wednesday, Sep­tember 28.

Previous articleDiscrimination is Misunderstood
Next article19 track athletes qualify for national meet
Kaylee McGhee
Kaylee McGhee is a senior at Hillsdale College, majoring in Politics with a minor in Journalism. This is her fourth year writing for the Collegian and she serves as the paper's Opinions Editor. Kaylee worked in Washington D.C. last year and wrote for the Weekly Standard. Her work has also appeared in the Detroit News and the Orange County Register. Follow her on Twitter: @KayleeDMcGhee email: kmcghee@hillsdale.edu