Pres­ident Larry Arnn’s newest book “Churchill’s Trial: Winston Churchill and the Sal­vation of Free Gov­ernment” has sold more than 25,000 copies.

Although Arnn serves as the editor of the official Winston Churchill biog­raphy project, he said his book does more than simply retell Churchill’s life.

“‘Churchill’s Trial’ is ulti­mately our trial, and we have a better chance to emerge vic­to­rious from ours because of the example of true states­manship we have in Churchill,” Arnn said in an email. “By under­standing the chal­lenges Churchill faced, we can better under­stand our own chal­lenges and how to con­front them.”

“I am proud people are buying the book,” he added. “I’m grateful to the college, which gets all the rev­enues, for helping to make it known.”

“Churchill’s Trial,” released on October 13, 2015, by Thomas Nelson pub­lishers, has already gar­nered a number of acco­lades from public figures and scholars in their reviews.

“‘Churchill’s Trial’ is an invaluable volume from an author who has com­mitted much of his life to main­taining Churchill’s rep­u­tation as the out­standing statesman of the 20th century,” former Her­itage Foun­dation Pres­ident Edwin Fuelner said.

Once his health began declining, Sir Martin Gilbert, Churchill’s official biog­rapher, passed on the project to Arnn and Hillsdale College in 2012. The biog­raphy set includes eight volumes of nar­rative history and 23 volumes of primary source doc­u­ments. Hillsdale is editing and planning to publish the final six doc­u­mentary volumes.